DMS Images for PR

HELP!

I am working on posters for a table when we want to take DMS out to show off.

I need DMS images AND they need to be action shots. Sparks from grinding or hammers on HOT metal or HAAS mill operating or laser etching or 3D printing or ??whatever you’ve got??

The easiest way is to email them to me. [email protected].

And yes ASAP too.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Vector has a bunch of professionally taken images from last TPF. They are some really good shots. @nickdangerous do you still have a link to these?

Are you desperate enough to take photos without action shots? Because the machine shop security cam photo that @Photomancer posted in the Machine Shop Layout Ideas post is a good (partial) overview of the equipment there. I also have a non-action shot of the woodshop that is similar. PM me if you want the higher resolution version of this.

1 Like

OK, everyone can razz me for this (because it’s a picture of me), but here’s a picture with wood chips flying (turning a 30 pound Bois d-Arc stump). It proves you don’t have to be a hairy-legged boy to play with the power tools.

At least I’m wearing the proper PPE.

6 Likes

I cleaned up this layout of the ‘Space’, thinking that at some point I would ring the periphery with photos of the various workshops. I never got to the photo stage, but here’s the layout map if it helps.

If you want the high resolution version or the .psd file, PM me.

6 Likes

These will be 12" wide and 20" tall images.

I understand there are all sorts of great and interesting things going on at DMS.

The posters will show 16 “aspects” of DMS.

AS an example, I have pictures of the trebuchet however if you know nothing about it, they occur as a pile of metal and wood. If someone saw them they would not know what they are seeing. So, I have no GOOD pictures of the trebuchet…yet.

That is why I am asking for “action” shots.

The lathe picture works. The woodshop picture does not. It is a good picture for the purposes of these images, it does not.

However, it can be used elsewhere in PR. Thank you.

Let me extend the request, please. Upload ANY good pictures of the space. There are other places they can be used.

Here is a picture of the treb in mid-fling. Is this the sort of thing you’re looking for?

Then you absolutely want the action picture of @Lampy making exploding ice cream!

1 Like

CA posts photos to their Facebook page. There are a lot of pictures of people doing things there. You might be able to find something you like there.

1 Like

The “fling” picture is exactly what I need for this campaign.

1 Like

I have never seen actual photos of the explosion but I do have an export from the security cams

1 Like

Lots of good action shots on the VECTOR FB page here… https://www.facebook.com/groups/DMS.VECTOR/

Our TPF photos turned out amazingly well… definitely check these out… https://arianaby.smugmug.com/Professional/Texas-Pinball-Festival-VECTOR/

These are lovely. But it looks like they’re copyrighted and not by DMS?

We hired a photographer to shoot the event. Hmmm… not sure why these claim to be copyrighted. Perhaps just the ones with the watermarks browsable on her site?

Well… in any case… let me know which you’d like to use and I’ll contact the photographer.

@Diplomat, @RDiplomat - I think he means you.

BTW, Steve - do you have two different Talk handles?

Lampy. Please send me the video.

My correct handle on Talk is Diplomat.

I use variants when Diplomat is unavailable. I am RDiplomat in a game I am playing. It had no reason to appear here. Always something.

Nick -

Let me shop the images and see what stands out. I will get back to you.

Here it is:

If anyone has photos of the “event” I’d sure like a copy.