DMS has a Steam Account now

In Ben’s VR class on Thursday it was mentioned that DMS should have a Steam account so casual users of the Vive don’t need to sign up for Steam.

Oh and of course the best VR stuff costs money, so having a central account means we can invest in modeling software for everyone to try.

One cool thing about steam is that it lets you buy software to give to others, so we might even see members donating VR experiences.

Not going to post the username and password here for security reasons, but you can find the credentials on the committee drive, in the Digital Media folder under “Steam Stuff”

Oh, and if anyone has an opinion on a VR 3D modeling software please sound off!
@apparently_weird showed me a program called Gravity Sketch VR which looks promising, but the reviews on Steam are mixed. I haven’t read the reviews yet, but the symmetry features look really sweet.

Edit: This one also looks promising, and they’re both only 30 bucks.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention that I’ve been adding some of the popular and free VR experiences to the DMS account via the wishlist feature, so if you pull up steam and navigate to the wishlist you can see stuff that I have either played and enjoyed, or I watched a YT vid that made it look cool.

1 Like