DMS Facebook? Who owns/administers?

Mostly the question is in the title, but it could be expanded to cover other social media accounts. Do we know / is there a list of who owns the social media accounts for DMS?

There are several of us who have access to manage various social media accounts. We discussed it very briefly recently and you had one foot out of the door. I thought I was waiting for you to let me know when you had time to sit down and talk about it… I could have misunderstood. Just let me know when you have a few minutes. I’ll be at the Space tonight for the Advanced Screen Printing class. Perhaps we can chat after? :slight_smile:

Right now in FB it is just @lukeiamyourfather, @Robert_Davidson, @LisaSelk, @MellissaRhodes and myself.

As for Instagram and twitter those have generic credentials and I am not sure who all has them at this point. Last we checked they didn’t have a way to set up roles like FB does.

Google plus should just die.

Meet up we can ad people as admins, contributors and such.

Youtube…its complicated, but we have one and we can add people to roles for it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

What happened to John Kraemer (@jkraemer)?

At any rate, your list covers the main ones. Not sure why you want Google+ to die. Seems a little harsh! :scream: LOL! Seriously though… There are a handful of people who still prefer it so when I post something to our primary Facebook, I usually go ahead and copy/paste the same information into Google+. It only takes a couple of minutes. :wink: :slight_smile:

We also have a Reddit, Blog, Pinterest, several related Facebook pages that various committees manage...

Hope that helps :smiley:

I have access to the Instagram but haven’t posted to it for a while.

I am the “owner” of the Creative arts facebook account - but it is not under my personal account its a drag queen named Nada Biznach she loves fake eyelashes and lace front wigs. I have several administrators/members for it. I don’t know how to hand off ownership to Devin or anyone else - I suppose I could just give them the login for Nada.
I am the “owner” of the creative arts instagram (I ask before taking photos - from myself and taking other peoples photos and posting)
I am the “owner” of creative arts twitter (which is just basically a flow from instagram)

I use hootsuite to make all the accounts push out the same content. Facebook I make events. I haven’t been as active on it lately.

1 Like

do tell more about this hootsuite you speak of? They keep pushing social media on us but honestly who has time for that?

Oh it’s nice. Super nice. It’s an app and you link your accounts a,b,cblahblah and write content/attach picture. It even sends it out at peak times. Yup, it’s free and wonderful - all the cool kids are doing it.

1 Like

Yasss. I guess I don’t have and excuse not to tweet now lol

It’s only free for single user. If you want to run it for corporate accounts it cost money.

Small money, though. Not big bucks. Around $10/month

Just two cents… Buffer is in the same space as Hootsuite… similar just with a killer Chrome extension and maybe cleaner scheduling, maybe. :wink:

1 Like