DMS Craft Sale?

Now that we are turning a corner, wanted to see if we could start planning a makerspace sale like we always did in November. Everyone has probably crafted like crazy during lockdown. Is this something the board would even consider at this point?

5 Likes

A craft show would be awesome!! We all have a lot on our plates so if someone wants to take the lead on this and help plan a craft show it would be appreciated. :grin:

4 Likes

I would love to do a craft sale, but I’m not on the board. :slight_smile: I think it would be neat to do though.

I’d definitely be down! I have a ton of stuff.

Edit: I don’t mind helping either. I know Beth has led it in the past, rather than her doing all the work, maybe a few of us pool together to split up tasks?

3 Likes

Good idea, Steve. I’d also be down to help coordinate with a team.

2 Likes

I would be game to help. Just let me know what you need.

I’m all in favor for a craft show. HOWEVER, a craft show with little notice or advertisement has little chance of success. If we were planning one for November - NOW would be the time to start advertising, get it on one of the many fair websites, create a web page for it, etc. Otherwise like previous craft fairs we’ve done, you get an inbred crowd of DMS members only with little outside (i.e. spenders) support since they look at it and say “oh, I can make that”. Not much better than just putting a garage sale sign on the corner of your block. Just 2 pennies worth.

8 Likes

I mostly agree with @nicksilva. I’d love to participate but it would be really great if the day was planned well in advance with advertising so we get more than members attending.

5 Likes

Sure! Let me consider the schedule.

One thing I’ve always tried to give away is the advertising side of it. But – let me fix a date before we get into that.

1 Like

And, while last year we went outside, I think we can probably come back inside.

2 Likes

Why don’t we put together a team and make decisions as a group? Several people have offered help.

5 Likes