DMS Coder Night | Basics of the Unity Game Engine | Raffi Rincon (Online)

This Week’s Topic: Basics of the Unity Game Engine

I will talk about and demo some concepts in Unity by creating part of a simple game. We will learn about materials, colliders, physics bodies, user input, and the editor.

I’ll be doing this talk this Tuesday and next. DMS Coder Night happens every Tuesday at 7pm.

Where?
Join Via Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/dfb-egdo-zdm
Watch the livesteam: https://stream.meet.google.com/stream/3aa0b187-1926-4b5c-81b0-8afd6782b0e2
Join by phone: +1 316-500-6987‬ PIN: ‪650 270 838‬#

What is DMS Coder Night?
A meetup, virtual for now, where one or two talks will be given on software development topics, e.g. “Here’s the basics of iOS development”, “How to make a basic website with React”, “The story of how I fixed this nasty bug”, “Why MVC is terrible”, etc. followed by some time for socializing, working on projects, and chatting among developers (not necessarily about development).

This is inspired by NSCoderNight, which I attended regularly in Chicago and Seattle. About NSCoderNight

Where
Google Meet for now, and then I’ll book rooms once the doors open back up at the space.
Click here to add it to you Google Calendar
Click here to get the iCal version
You should be able to access the Google Meet video conference by viewing the event and clicking on a button to join, but if not, here’s a link to Join

Why
To build community. The goal is to support a community of developers, and eventually inspire people proficient in some area of software development to teach classes. I’m hoping that students from classes will join the meetup and developers from the meetup will be inspired to teach more classes.

There are many software developers at the space. I know we have a Linux user group on Saturdays and Robot Builder’s Night Out. I’m hoping the format of presenting and socializing will draw some people from those groups as well as other members (and non-members of course!) so that we can share our knowledge and war stories with each other.

1 Like