DMS Camping Trip

Not to discourage anyone but more to gauge a feel. The weather is a consern today but wunderground is displaying that it should clear up just before the peak of the shower.

Whom here is still wanting to do the stargazing over just doing a camping trip?

I’m prepared for both. I have faith it will clear. If not, there will be beer. (Oooh. See what I did there?)

Let me clarify though…I’m looking forward to a dark sky and the meteor shower, but if you don’t want to bring a telescope, that is fine with me. I’m not particularly good at using one, so it wasn’t a draw for me in the first place.

1 Like

I’ve fallen asleep before and during meteor showers. No worries about the stargazing if the cloud coverage doesn’t work in our favor…

1 Like

I just wanted to apologies for my absence doing the event. Had a bout with food poisoning after trying the Unicorn frap from a place close to home.

I figured @clk75201 was able to pick up the baton and everyone was still able to enjoy thier camping trip. Just didn’t have a chance to update the thread or calendar do to some grouse things I’d not want to say here.

We ate your share.

Hope you are feeling better.

4 Likes

Bacon was enjoyed by all. Hopefully you can make it next time!

4 Likes

There’s talk of another outing in October. Maybe the 7th or the 14th?

I’m already looking forward to it.

2 Likes

In…this time with actual sleeping bags and all make and manner of upgrades.

3 Likes

Which weekend is it that we can have Aiden join us?

7th is better for us both as the 14th runs into homecoming weekend.

1 Like

Weekend of the 7th is good for me also. Two nights this time yeah?

Yep. So 6th and 7th October.

Squee! Can’t wait.

Edit: Same location? They are accepting reservations already and have 88 openings.

I’d prefer to reserve only 1 site for 2 tents this time and let others manage some of the reservations.

Sounds like we are already at 2 sites, though.

@darrent @denzuko

I fell asleep before the meteor shower. I stayed asleep when my alarm went off at 4am and the wind was still howling.

It was still a blast.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m not a camping kind of guy.