Dms ask me buttons in the kitchen

Good work @SewingStuff

2 Likes

Also @axeonos is a boss!

Thank you!

1 Like

already started on a themed button for the holidays. gingerbread men. trust me when i say its adorkable

2 Likes

preview of the holiday dms ask me. maybe some other committee can think of a thanksgiving version.

3 Likes

A bit too three dimensional perhaps but fun!

2 Likes

Can you make it look like its holding an old fashioned rifle?

I need to work on a real musket, this is a borrowed rifle cookie cutter

3 Likes

… because nothing says, “Welcome!” like a rifle right at face level (I’m short and a lot of our members are tall!) ~ lollollol

A lot of cute ideas, y’all! I believe by having variety in designs/materials, while keeping a consistent message (“Ask Me!”), it will definitely help with encouraging members to wear buttons/shirts/etc showing that they are open to questions 'n all! :smile:

I do have a suggestion that I believe will help a lot! Instead of using “DMS”, actually spell out the words “Dallas Makerspace” (for some other reasons why we avoid using “DMS”, see info quoted from a different thread below…).

As some of the designs above are at this time, “DMS” is in larger font and stands out more than the most important words, “Ask Me!”.

If you change the “DSM” to “Dallas Makerspace”, the font will be smaller - which will allow the “ASK ME!” to stand out more - especially if you use the largest font that will fit nicely for the “Ask Me!” part.

Now for some additional reasons we discourage using “DMS” when directed at new members and visitors:

Actually I think the way around this is just to use:

or nothing at all, not sure anyone is going to wonder what organization is being represented while at “the space”

I agree that “ASK ME” should be prominent

2 Likes

I agree that the logo is a great alternative to use, as it matches the logo on the door, so there should be no questions… However, just being at “Dallas Makerspace”, the letters d-m-s may or may not “click” right away with brand members / visitors… A logo or the words spelled out lends to fewer questions - unless you want the first question to be… "uuuhhhhhh… what is dee em es? :wink:

Thanks again for putting another option on the table for all of our wonderful volunteers to choose from! :smiley:

(You edited to add the image while I was responding… so I’m just now seeing the new and improved turkey button… Cute and def helps put focus on the “ASK ME” part!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: … at least while looking straight on… I love the turkey shape; but, I just now realized that if looking from any angle other than straight on, it will probably either be “ASK” or “ME” ~ though, I guess that may prompt the person looking to square up with you to see the rest of the design, then they would see the message and then see that you are not only approachable; but, also have a festive nature ~ w00t! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

Unless the buttons are HUUUGE I can tell you I could not read “Dallas Makerspace” unless I got seriously inside your personal space.

2 Likes

I was going to wait until the labels that I am ordering to arrive, so I can print out a page of sample stickers; but, since we are discussing all the awesome options for our members to choose from, here are samples of the samples that I will be printing as soon as I get my hands on the labels… I’m hoping they arrive early enough in the day on Thursday to print some out before our weekly “Open House / Tour Night” begins… If not, they will def be done by the end of the week… (Package due to arrive on Thursday; but, no guarantee of what time… /sigh)

Okie dokie… as I’m sure you have noticed… my primary focus is on making sure “Ask Me!” is the focus… I do like the idea of replacing the abbreviation with the logo when the words don’t fit… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like using the logo instead of DMS too. It’s cute! Also branding! PR! Words!

1 Like

Hey y’all, I asked Max (Thank ya @maxk68!) in 3D fab to take a crack out the DMS badges because he’s constantly making badges and similar costume props at a ComicCon merchandising level… and I think that the letters are slightly too small currently on the badges. Please have a look and tell me if y’all’d like us to go ahead making, polishing, and finishing any of these designs. (Colors to be added)

Go Makers!!

3 Likes

The bottom one looks adorable! I say the more badges the merrier!

3 Likes

I like the bottom one, too!

I bet it would look great printed with the translucent red filament, then use a black sharpie to color in the logo and “ASK ME”! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Max is the man! and has offered to make a mold of these badges to pop out a ton quickly!

He’s also about making visitor (volunteer) badges, and also suggested Committee Chairs and other persons of interest have something distinguishing on badges such as a ribbon

2 Likes

I assume that when someone comes up to me, while they inside the Space, they knew they came to Dallas Makerspace … so I’m going to go out on limb here, they might guess what the cryptic DMS stands for.

1 Like