DMS Annual Picnic planning discussion - for '18

I’ll get the dogs and buns as a donation also.

1 Like

No I think you are 10W. I’m 10E. Totally feel your pain though. My alternates list is quite extensive at this point.

What about one of those giant warmer things from hotel buffets?

Chafing dish, we have the frames and use disposal foil trays.

1 Like

Is this an issue?

We can ask, if they consider fund raising for fellowships “Financial Gain” for a non-profit that will be giving back to the community, illegal then need to look elsewhere - and in my opinion a consideration when looking at future locations for DMS.

The $5 food cost could be changed to a 100% voluntary donation, I think vast majority would pay it that should avoid that issue.

Not sure if this applies, “what is a special event” another question to ask. Probably want us to buy a million dollar insurance policy and pay for police.

In all honesty it wasn’t an issue last year. I would bet no one would check on us this time either.

Then you are willing to sign it and take the liability?

I’m willing to sign your name on it. :smile:

2 Likes

Ok now that the contract is signed I’ve gone ahead and entered the event on the calendar. I did the same thing as last year - one ticket, two ticket…options. I also added a $10 gift option just as an option because last year it was a suggestion.

This year we will have a check in table with bracelets, silent auction number giving out, name tags and other stuff.

I setup a remind account: remind.com/join/dmspicnic2 which I will use to send out text messages about the picnic if needed

Posters will be finished by the end of the day.
Please let me know if you want to volunteer to do anything. I assure you I have a list of things people can do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I asked them (the people who were manning the counter) specifically about our event (the $ for the food and the # of people) and we are a-ok with how we are doing things. Side note: I also invited them to DMS for a tour.

I also asked about the rain policy. If it rains we can shift the date of the event but they don’t refund for rain. As discussed at the PR meeting last night we would just keep going if it were light rain and if it’s crazy we would figure it out and hopefully know a bit before hand. It’s a covered pavilion so we have that going for us.

It is covered though, so thats a plus.

1 Like

Maybe it won’t have an inch or two of water this year? :wink:

You’re so fancy wanting a dry floor and everything.
For the record I did tell someone to put the ice in the boxes with trash bags like a cowboy cooler. This year Mark is bringing some ice chests.

I am self employed. I can help pickup items that get donated. I am near downtown Dallas. (Please don’t send me to Fort Worth.)

1 Like

That’s kinda funny. Folks in Fort Worth say the same thing.

5 Likes

I like Fort Worth. Just not for a 5 minute pickup event. I would feel the same about being sent to east Rockwall.

2 Likes