Distribution 101: Capture the Stories of Your Projects

Hello all!

George Kellas here (first post!)

I recently joined DMS and wanted to see if there is interest in a basic digital marketing skillset. I have been creating videos/photos for over a decade for the internet age, and have experience on most major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube).

I think makers can use content creation, distribution, and collaboration to inspire others to create and take action. The benefits to a basic digital media skillset include networking opportunities that open up new doors for collaboration or projects, digital portfolio building, record-keeping for improvement on future projects, and for the sake of preserving your memories.

Subjects for beginners:

1. Setting up your social media profile and optimizing your account
  2. Smartphone photography, videography, and audio capture
  3. Editing raw content for social media (cropping, clipping videos, basic color editing)
  4. Telling your story - basic branding guidelines

Subjects for intermediates:

1. Social Media Audit - critique of your profiles and content
  2. Using a DSLR, camcorder, and steadycam for photo/video + other intermediate A/V gear
  3. Intermediate content editing
  4. Developing your brand

I have taught these subjects before and would prefer to keep classes small and focus on 1-on-1 and group learning, hands on.

Would love to hear your thoughts. If interested, please be specific about what you would like to learn more about, even if not directly mentioned above. Also welcoming others who have these skills and would like to share them!

-George

5 Likes

Welcome to talk! Be sure to ask for green Dot access in the “Member Access (Green Dot)” section so you can interact with the whole forum.
Digital media would love to have that kind of class taught. @Kevin is around most nights and so am I, if you need any help getting a class up on the calendar or familiarization with our online system just stop on by digital media or hunt us down at the space.

1 Like

I should be down there tonight, and I’m frequently there evenings.

Would love help setting it up! Also learning more about digital media will be useful for me to help guide others who might want to use your tools

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

After visiting the page, it looks like someone took care of the green dot for me!

Kevin should be around tonight, I am not.

Hey George.

Everything you posted sounds awesome.
I’m here most of the time.

Let’s have a talk.
I can let you know what we have, answer any questions & try to provide anything you need

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks Kevin. I should be there tonight 5-9ish and then over the weekend sometime

1 Like

I’d love to learn this kind of stuff. I have a FB/IG set up for my side hustle but seem to cap out around 160 followers and 40 likes per post.

Drop your links so people reading this can follow you!

I’ll be able to give you some critiques/ideas directly - I’ll send over IG

IG: https://www.instagram.com/r.d.designs/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/R.DavidsonDesigns/