Disposal of DMS Projects/Equipment from Offsite Storage

Continuing the discussion from Laser needs moved:

This seems like the kind of thing that should be “publicly” (by which I mean to the membership) announced with adequate warning for action to be taken by interested parties.
If there is anything concerning this in near future or recent history for Member Meetings (where this seems most appropriate to me) or Logistics Meetings or BOD Meetings, I’m missing it in the minutes.

If there’s room on the right side, perhaps the trebuchet can be moved there.

1 Like

There is not room on the right side. Our current workflow is left side is DMS property, right side is Members offsite purgatory

1 Like

As someone who contributed real actual personal dollars, I would like to be notified when the trebuchet is to be disposed of. I may be able to find it a home. (or not)

5 Likes

If the “compressor” and tank are what I think they are, will they be going more to a good home? Are they still in search of a good home?

1 Like

It will be brought up soon, how soon is up to the member (not me) who is looking into it.

1 Like

What about taking the air compressor(assuming it’s large enough) and scraping the trebuchet metal to build a rolling BBQ Smoker for all DMS events, etc.?

I want to see what you do with a trebuchet!!

Is there a policy to dispose of off-sited member storage after X days? If someone leaves a stack of crap in project storage, it gets off-sited a month later, do we store indefinitely or give the member X days then dispose of said crap (could be very nice stuff, just using crap because I like it).

Offsited projects are disposed the following month.

1 Like

Yes.

Project storage is available for the calendar month. At the beginning of the next one we hold the storage extension meeting. If members don’t request an extension we flag their storage spot. They have 7 days to vacate or we off-site their materials.

When we take the materials off-site, they are held until the next month’s off-siting of materials at which time they are disposed of. We have the storage locker information posted to where anyone whose materials are off-sited can go retrieve their materials before their disposal.

This is listed on the storage tickets and should be on the wiki as well.

3 Likes

Good stuff, wanted to make sure we didn’t give unending free storage to members.

To enable the fish-eater to become the fisherman:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Logistics_Committee#Project_Storage

Going to fling stuff from my backyard to yours. Prepare to be under siege!

5 Likes

Oh former Disposer-in-chief, if the “old compressor and tank” are gray in color … they are the old vacuum tank and vacuum that went with the old vacuum former, correct?

I personally suspect if someone made DMS a really good offer … “Hey I’ll take!” it is likely to be accepted. That tank is not light, Armageddon apocalypse quality (even the Cruel Bus would steer around it). If if were reincarnated as a BBQ smoker, then it will have evolved to the highest Texas plane of inanimate objects.

2 Likes

Yessssssssssssssssss (20 char)

1 Like

Aye. Bits of the vacuum former itself went into the Cruel Bus.

I like the sound of that. Please send buckets of money and unused furniture!

3 Likes

If this is what is being culled, I’ll offer $100 for them.

I think this was covered here