[Discussion] Are we agile? The death of Agile

The death of Agile - Allen Holub

2 Likes

i do not disagree with his premise. Corporations cannot act in the manner he’s prescribing in order to fully realize the potential of being Agile. Therefore, to me, the real test of any software methodology worth its salt is the methologies’ ability to be flexible and adaptable to an array of corporate cultures. Basically the inverse of what this gentleman is stating. I supposedly work in a SAFe environment. It’s less than fully realized.

1 Like

work in a SAFe environment. It’s less than fully realized.

In my experience that’s also been the failing of ITIL as well. Most teams either fully adopt or adopt what only barely passes enough to say that follow one management type or another.

For what ever reason that exist or management style one subscribes to; one should remember its never about processes but people.

1 Like

No girls allowed. (Except possibly the camel.) Whether he is right or wrong I feel contempt for him.

I believe your last statement is inversely related to size of said company.

Not true, Virgin Group follows that same concept as does several other Fortune 500. Its just one of those things that has to be adopted at the top not pushed from the middle.

The Virgin’s of the World are few and far between.

(Okay that didn’t come out right)