Discussion About Tripping the SawStop...Again

Thanks for letting us know - also thanks for paying for the fix…

But not to be too crass, but please continue using the SawStop. The $100 you paid is a lot cheaper than the cost we would have paid for a new miter gauge [and the potential damage it could have done to you]. Next time make sure you can push the gauge [or sled/jig/etc] through without hitting the blade before starting the saw. We even had cuts made on the fence of the old miter saw when the blade was set at an angle.

The most important thing was that you learned a lesson and won’t repeat it [so using the sawstop won’t cost you any thing].

1 Like

He said again.

I thought this meant the sled, not the sawstop…

1 Like

Yah the Incra miter sled. Should’ve just used the full crosscut sled. It looked like it’d clear the blade, same as last time, and both times I was cutting a very long piece (in this case 6 foot long board cross wise) so needed as much area for bracing as possible. I don’t know if there’s wobble in the blade or what but it’s the same issue both times.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t this be use case for the sliding table wing? Do we have the fence for it?

3 Likes

Yes and yes. The fence is sitting above the miter saw. It requires a little set up and take down time, but is a great for longer pieces.

Yup

Problem is the clearance on the Incra is different for the Powermatic and the Sawstop. People adjust the Incra for close tolerances on the Powermatic, and that causes it to hit the blade on the Saw stop.

Using the fence on the sliding table is the best option, but for one cut it is often too much set up time for the value.

Longer term goal is to get dedicated miter slide for each saw and set them appropriately.

Yah I actually didn’t know about that until today but we do have one. Works like a dream.