Discussion About Denton County COVID Vax Site

Lack of lines may not indicate lack of demand, but just reflect capacity vs the statistical clustering of arrivals. I think it was only a couple weeks ago that they set a single day record of just under 15,000 doses administered.

2 Likes

That’s just over 17,000 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe they are saying reduced the mind that many of the mass vaccination sites dog discussions about why this is happening some of it the fact that a lot of the people that still want to get vaccinated either don’t have transportation are they can’t get there at the you’re strong and do smaller vaccinations events out in neighborhoods. And yes we are reaching the point where there’s a number of people that are afraid to take the vaccine I don’t I stayed away from the site where they inhabit because I really cannot be polite to him. As one of the polio pioneer children I definitely believe in vaccines

1 Like

Nothing stops folks from signing up in multiple counties and going to the first one that has an opening. That tactic works well. Just cancel your appointments in the other counties when they call / text you.

1 Like

They are planning on closing Texas Motor Speedway in Mid-May. Many of the large vaccination sites are closing because of lack of people wanting the vaccine and they say vaccine availability is becoming more common. ATT stadium has already stopped giving vaccines.“The AT&T FEMA site reached a point of limited demand and attendance,”

"Denton County will soon move away from the use of Texas Motor Speedway for vaccination purposes.

DCPH will be transitioning away from the mass vaccination clinics at TMS mid-May due to the completion of the current waitlist,” a Denton County representative said. “We are still working on future plans, as we have many second doses that will still be completed at TMS, but we hope to have more information on those future clinic plans soon.”

1 Like

I too went to the Potters House site (Dallas county was the first to get back to me with an appointment slot). There are 3x police cars set up so that you can’t make a u-turn, which is beyond moronic. They could have set up two officers to block traffic once in a while to allow cars to turn, and it would have saved a full salary for the county.

Other than that, the site is well run and was very quick with literally no wait for either of my shots (my second was last Friday).

2 Likes

If you want to get vaxxed, get on with it soon. Because of the storage problems with the mRNA vaccines, and the exploding problems on the rest of the Earth, there is a scenario where the Pfizer and Moderna streams get exported to Mexico, India, and other parts. Supply follows demand, and big pharma are capitalists of the first order. Don’t get caught in a market driven shortage during a Covid resurgence that could still hit here.

3 Likes