Discount steel in North Fort Worth

So today I went by Discount Steel for some more plasmacam class material as well as other class material. They now have a great remnant/drops in their showroom. I figured I would share with everyone else. They sell it by the pound, the stock is constantly rotating in that stuff. They had sheet in aluminum, stainless, stainless mirrored, copper, mild steel sheet & plate. Basically if it is a metal, they might have a drop. Copper was really expensive at 5$ a lb. The pictures I’m going to upload are not all drops but mostly are.

9 Likes

Here are some more pictures.

11 Likes

nice. thanks. less than 10 minutes from the house…

Ditto, that’s in a great location for me as well. I’ll be stopping by here for my welding material.

Or for machining. Many many options.

1 Like

Sounds like a great resource. Would you like me to add them to the list of local metal suppliers that Machine Shop maintains on the wiki?

Edit: For that matter, do you want me to put a link to that supplier list in the Metal Shop part of the wiki (since it doesn’t seem to make sense to maintain two separate lists)?

5 Likes

sounds like I need to make a trip. Need alumimum and brass

please do. all resources are welcome. And that way I won’t have to google them everytime. :slight_smile:

Absolutely. For some reason I thought it was already there.

OK, they are on the list of metal suppliers, and I linked the Metal Shop committee page to that list of metal suppliers.

@TBJK do you know what they were charging for steel drops? I’m just curious if I have been getting a decent price on drops. Their prices online for full sheets seem pretty good.

wow. their online price for Brass is about $10 less than what I was looking at elsewhere. Gonna have to make a trip.

Plate was either .50 or .60 a lb. DOM tube, I’m not sure if it was higher or not. But generally the regular steel was .50 or .60 a lb. I wished I remember exactly but it is one of those two.

1 Like

That makes sense. If you could link Machine Shop to that also, would be appreciated.

1 Like

It’s in the Machine shop section already.

1 Like