Digital Media Softwares and Sundries

IDK man looks pretty usable to me
Still had room to spare

As far as the grant. Western Digital Enterprise was purchased, dissolved and the employees were on their last week before being unemployed by the time Infrastructure got around to just approving allowing the ask for free hardware. Which 3 senior employees were helping with on the back end. Thought you could use a network switch since yall have none to spare.

1 Like

Old photos completely misrepresenting the current state of things. Have you no shame in how you misrepresent the state of your committee?

As for switches who says we don’t have any? Or that we need any more?

2 Likes

Nope give that room 5 min and it can do whatever you need.

Was always told there were no more ports left.
I mean you just ran dozens of cable over to 3dFab area which I even helped with.
Then when I ask for unused switches laying on the floor you say you need them and don’t have any more
If that’s changed can I have the G8264 switch that was sitting on the floor unused in the server room.
network drop.

The tickets still open from a year ago
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/2019-07-07-request-add-digital-media-network-drops/59154

Can’t get network cable, connectors, drops or switches.
Why do you think we built everything ourselves and had to get that rack.

Your inability to not have biases and personal agendas is the only thing someone here should be ashamed of. It’s the opposite of servant leadership and goes against your supportive function.

Just for clarification, on 7/1 it looked like this:

And this morning:

Thanks for whomever cleaned the room.

3 Likes

You didn’t help with any of those cables I pulled. I also have no idea where you get the claim that there are “no more” ports.

That 10g switch is for a specific purpose, that’s very different than the general 10/100/1000 switches we have around.

You know there’s this thing called “following up.” We’re run by volunteers, it’s kind of required. I even gave you a switch to run DM with because we’re not pulling individual cables for each of your computers. There’s no need to.

You say to the member that has personally given DM a lot of switches to find the quirky models required for their use, including that 10g switch I donated to DM for the AV editing system that I personally tracked down.

Yeah, we’re ignoring you

To be sure, DM had an influx of rack mount gear donations at the beginning of this year, and we’ve been meaning to test it all and clear for use, scrap, or as fundraising assets.

So, a ton of volunteer work still to do, and not much time donated towards that particular project. If anybody wants to scratch that particular electronics itch, as always, feel free to test the gear stacked by the camera cabinet (NE corner).

Covid closing froze everything as it was midcleanup, and since reopen I know I’ve personally not had much free time to donate towards DM beautification, best I could do was stack and rack to clear the desks.

DM also had some things stored in warehouse to free up room space for housekeeping and inventorying efforts pre-covid close, EVERYTHING has to end up back in DM/audio since we have no permanent storage space options to utilize as buffer for cleanup efforts that I’m aware of.

Edit:
Also, apologies for the non-covid compliant number of chairs in the room, let us know where we can store them short term until restrictions ease and we will move them out.

Purple classroom is currently allocated for chair storage. You will probably have to stack them to get them in since your committee is the last to get them in by several weeks.

It looks like there is more room by the door facing CA than the one in the hall.

1 Like

I’ll try to stop by this afternoon to transplant 3ish chairs.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’d offer to help but I’ve been installing a new garage door all day and it’s about kicked my ass.

You may want to grab a container of Clorox wiped for the keyboards and stuff as well.

Sorry to jump back to an older post, but this just registered.

So a $2300 video card was a pressing need somehow ? At a time when we’re short on funds ?

It’s mine and it was a gift.
Because some people noticed I was using a 10 year old thinkpad that was slowing me down and wanted to show thanks.
In the same way I wanted to offer it to help someone in their endeavors

2 Likes

In that case, awesome.

1 Like

Is 101 class being taught or available in an online format? I’m interested in learning video editing.
Thanks!

1 Like