Did software ever get figured out for the Titan?

Had someone asking for help with the Titan yesterday. Has software been figured out yet for it to be used or are we still waiting on new software/computers?

2 Likes

Thanks for checking for me haha

I know that the new computer is connected to the Titan. I do not know firsthand whether it has the updated version of the software installed, but my presumption is ā€œyesā€, given that the software was purchased/licensed by Infrastructure team.

@adm_jast?

1 Like

It works but make sure to REBOOT the PC not just log out. The software does weird things and makes it hard to find an intended print. I believe I wrote a quick start guide in the wiki

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Vinyl_Cutter_quick_reference

It needs more tweaks but yeah here it is

2 Likes

Maybe I am just missing something obvious, but it doesnā€™t seem like the software is on the computers. I am not finding it on the one next to the Titan machine.

scratch that. it seems its waiting on some upgrade or repair per logistics. be patient its getting worked out soon!

I just turned on the vinyl cutter computer and logged on and canā€™t figure out how to send my file to the machine? Itā€™s not tagged out of service. Where do I look for fix/help?

Is there a VinylMaster file there? Of some sort?

Not that I could find. I guess Iā€™ll check the other pc

Actually, I was re-reading the last thread, and it sounds like @jast needs to tell @dougemes which computer belongs to the vinyl cutter. Especially if the program is not currently installedā€¦

i figured the computer that was next to the vinyl cutter was the computer that went to the vinyl cutter? lol seems pretty straightforward

1 Like

It is, but it doesnā€™t have the software that connects it to the cutter. Not sure where to acquire said software to install.

Any update on this anyone?

Does the other cutter work (not the cameo)? Not sure which PC belongs to that one

@yashsedai indicated he had purchased the software licenses for our computers.

I donā€™t know whether the volunteer staff w/ @Team_Infrastructure have a timeline for installation.

The other cutter will run on the same software. (It is a ā€œproā€ version of the old software.) @dougemes spent a goodly amount of time running tests to determine the best course of action. I think the plan was to connect the summa to the cameo computer system, so we didnā€™t have tripwires running across the floor and more than one person could conceivably be cutting vinyl at a time.

I thought it already was, but have been trying to find the time to check /install forā€¦a bit. Thinking Iā€™ll have time this weekā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Does that mean we have two copies of the vinylmaster (i think thatā€™s what it was called) software? one on each of the pcs in there?

That is the plan. Only 1 has been deployed (and it seems I may have done that improperly).

Nice, thanks for looking into it. Now to find out what the ā€˜newā€™ machine can doā€¦off to google

Or where it is installed is accessed differently than the old one was. (And in my recollection it was hard to get toā€¦)

1 Like

Just to check, does the new vinyl cutter work and have software? I donā€™t recall what brand it is. Or does it use the same software and therefore currently isnā€™t usable? Trying to plan for going up there this weekend.