Dewalt Planer Drive Belt

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was in the wood shop this morning and noticed a note on the planer when I was going to use it. It looks like the drive belt for the wood feed rollers is broken.

Have we ordered a replacement already? If so could it already be at DMS? I’d be willing to replace the old one today if we have the part waiting to be installed.

If we haven’t ordered the part yet, here are a few links on places that we can order it from:

Not Amazon: $25.50
http://www.shop.polybelt.com/DeWalt-Mastercraft-Wilton-DW735-Drive-BELT-5140010-28-B5140010-28.htm

Amazon: $31 free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Dewalt-5140010-28-V-BELT/dp/B00VAS19G0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1464629717&sr=8-2&keywords=dewalt+dw735+drive+belt

Edit:
Here is the exact dewalt part number 5140010-28 V Belt

Any updates would be appreciated.
@AlexRhodes, @Azalaket, @Tapper, @rablack97 and other wood shop helper.

So it has been 18 hours since my post,
With no response, I’ll just order the part, replace it, and submit a receipt for reimbursement. I hope this is agreeable to all. Also, this is a known wearing part so having a second on hand isn’t a bad idea if another has already been purchased.

1 Like

Sorry @Nick, just saw your post. A part is already on order, and there may be a spare on site. The powers that be are trying to track down the one that may already be there while the replacement is in the mail.

Thanks Matt,
Just cancelled my order. I heard from a few people at DMS that the belt just broke the night before, so I figured it was a fresh issue.

Searched much of the wood shop at lunch for the extra belt. Couldn’t find anything, guess it is gone or in super secret hiding spot.

Picked up replacement belt from local dewalt repair shop. New belt is on and planer is up and running. The holiday weekend was a big cause for the delay as the repair shop wasn’t open till today.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks much for fixing this Alex. I may be able to finish the hatcher work bench before the 7 day notices go out now.
Thanks,
Nick

2 Likes