I’ve added a class to the calendar, and it’s now open for registration.
I’ll run through how PCB layout works in kicad, trash talk other PCB layout packages, answer questions etc.
I’m suggesting we design a board with an ATTINY85, 2 relays, and driving FETs because it is a mix of through hole and SMD, and it will fit in the cheap PCB service.
If we have enough people attend at $5 each, we’ll actually order the boards from a board house when we’re done so you’ll get to see the checkout process etc, and depending on the boardhouse have some tangible PCBs between 14 and 45 days from when the class is completed.
If you guys don’t mind helping with ideas:
- what the “demo” board for the class will be. (if you don’t want the above board)
- any board house you’ve done business with that is $30 or under for a 2"x2" size PCB.
- questions the class should answer (what PCB type, how to choose how many layers, drill and trace sizes etc)
- why I use kicad instead of X
- what features are “must haves” in a PCB CAD package
- Anything else you want the class to cover.