Design/Sewing Interest groups

Hi, my name is Bri. I am the owner of Brianna Miller Apparel and Design. I’m excited to start teaching classes at makerspace. I’d love to hear from you on what you wanna learn and what projects you would to create.
Our first sewing interest group is being held on feb 23 at 8:30pm in the purple room!

2 Likes

Beth has already taught one sewing class and she has another one along with a field trip planned. I would suggest that you should coordinate with her.

She is an excellent costumer (nearly 40 years of SCA) Home furnishings and accessories would be good area to look at.

Hey Bri,
I’m wanting to learn how to design a Jacket for prone competition shooting. The jackets on the market are designed for mixed shooting positions with the prone position being their least favorable setup. Here is an example of what most people wear.

You really strap yourself into these coats and they can provide some support by doing so. When prone shooting you pretty much don’t use the bottom half of the coat, so I want to make a version that is cut off after the second strap, I think this will allow for more comfort and most of all make the coat cooler to wear in hot temperatures. Another feature of the coat is that it needs to not ride up when your arms are above your head. This is because when you are firing prone your arms are effectively above your head.

I hope you can help and I’m sure I could get Russel to join us if we put together a class.

1 Like

Hi Nick, I believe that is very doable. I would need to do some research on the design of the jacket to be able to figure out all the cool features it has. I would be more than happy to teach that class once I figure the design/logistics of the jacket!

I’m excited! @Cairenn_Day and Beth both are also interested in sewing so we should have a great outcome of potential classes! I personally can’t wait to see how this can be grown!!

Hey Nick … Posting a picture of Gunny Ermey as your fashion idol??? Next thing you’ll be asking for advice on getting a “High and Tight”

:smiling_imp:

Awesome @briannamillerapparel
If you want to see one in person, Russel will be back next week with his. We could meet up and chat about the features. I have three members already lined up for a class, so we could meet honorarium requirements.

@John_Marlow,
Can I pull off a high and tight man bun? :wink:

1 Like