Design help $$$

I need some help converting some images so that they will work in RD works. I have tried illustrator, corel draw, and inkscape, but the resolutions of the files I have aren’t clean enough for image tracing. In short, I need someone that can recreate these from scratch. I am willing to pay someone that knows what they’re doing instead of my inept self wasting countless hours.

1 Like

I might be able to help you out. PM me and we can look at the files together

1 Like

I might could help too. Shoot me the file to look at?

1 Like

I have a class tomorrow on inkscape that might help. Part covers converting bitmaps to vector, whether using the built-in tool Trace a Bitmap, or manually tracing an image.

1 Like

I don’t think Inkscape or illustrator are going to work. I’ve tried tracing, but didn’t come close.

1 Like

The points of the star and the text in the ring do not look to be that difficult to create in Inkscape, either from scratch or manually tracing over the image. So if you can isolate just the bear in the middle and have the program auto-trace that.

1 Like

Do you need the entire thing rebuilt as vector artwork? If so, I could re-build it for you. I’m not sure about the RD file format, but if you need a good clean vector file to start with, I’d be happy to re-illustrate it for you. PM me if interested.

2 Likes

Here is a bit more clear file that I found online…

Side note: I can confirm that Brent does awesome work!

2 Likes

I did some digging around on the file format for RDWorks. Yes, it can import a BMP, but should you? I think if you’re going to do any type of laser cutting or precision engraving, you would want to use a vector file to achieve the highest precision possible. Have you successfully used BMPs before in RDWorks?

Also, thank you Lisa for the kind words…

1 Like

Vector magic seems to produce a decent result although it would still require a few hours of cleanup (and the bear fur detail doesn’t really come through). https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pnlwxmzckyh111/0a98b49d94df69ec8d674cc9483b857365ec4d57.svg?dl=1

-the purring dork

Since you are engraving the details on the bear’s fur and not cutting its outline, I would just leave that part as a bitmap instead of trying to convert it to a vector format.

That almost works, but it is still going to take some work to get cleaned up. Again, beyond my level of expertise

1 Like

Did you get what you needed?

I did, thanks! But I might have some more jobs I need help with soon