Demo- Making a Resin Ring on the Wood Lathe 5/26

HI folks,

I forgot about the 48 hour wait time for posting to the calendar (had to wait till I knew exactly how my weekend plans were playing out) so I wanted to also mention this here. I will be in the woodshop making a resin ring from 3-4:30 Saturday. Its not a class just a demonstration. I’ll definitely talk through my process and answer as many questions as possible. The calendar should go live about 3 hours before the event (again sorry for the last minute, I’ll do better in the future), and there will be 5 slots open. I think that’s about the max that can crowd around the lathe while I work. I have posted the description below here:

This 90 minute demo will cover how to make a ring on the lathe. I will be using a 2x2 Corian countertop sample, but the techniques used are applicable to wood as well. If there is time I will also show how I do a stone inlay on a ring.

Tools Used:

• Wood Lathe
  • 4 Jaw lathe chuck
  • Carbide Cutters
  • Ring Mandrel (Homemade)
  • Bandsaw
  • Table Sander
  • Sand Paper (320-2000 grits)
  • Polishing paste
4 Likes

tagging @Josh_Melnick and @tombakerftw as you had shown some interest.

1 Like

Hello sir, thank you for putting on the calendar, but I already signed up for another class. Would you be willing to teach this again at a later date? Thank you so much for volunteering and sharing your knowledge with others.

Of course! I realize this was last minute and I needed to get a few of these made this weekend, so I figured why not just throw it out there. I can set up a formal class for sometime in June where folks can walk away with their very own ring.

2 Likes

The Calendar event posted today and I have 1 signed up already. If you’re interested go jump on it :slight_smile: