Delta Table Saw - (Repaired)

I successfully installed the interlock on the Delta but the initial surge current is hitting approx 30 amp’s where I had my fast act fuse and so I am the cause of the Delta going down. I have new fuses coming in that are slow/time delay fuses which I am hopefull fix the surge current issue. Sorry about the outages and I hope to have it fixed next week with some new fuses. If the new fuses don’t work I will move to a contactor and remove the fuse all together.

2 Likes

What style of fuse are you using?

1 Like

1/4x1.25 glass fuse.

I have some of these on the way

2 Likes

Delta table saw? :blankspace:

2 Likes

Wow, I thought we were only pulling 4-5 amps the other day… hard to believe the starting spike on that motor is that high.

1 Like

Yes the Delta Table Saw

2 Likes

Motors need a different style fuse than transformers. Simply put a fuse isn’t just a fuse. You can’t put a motor rated fuse into a transformer circuit and not expect issues. Inrush on a motor is more predictable than that of a transformer.

Fuseco is down the street. The after hour opening fee is hard to swallow, 200$. But during the normal working hours are great.

2 Likes

Update: I went ahead and removed the interlock until the new fuses come in. The Delta Saw is back up and running.

5 Likes

I tried using this table saw Tuesday 4/17 and had no luck. Seemed like my card was the problem. Do I need to be added to a list to gain access? I have taken the woodshop basics class

I think this post may explain what to do …

Seth I am going to PM you to confirm you badge. I show you have taken woodshop 101 so want to check your badge number.