Deja Vu (or Vuja De)

Continuing the discussion from Volunteer Opportunity - Machine Maintenance - 5 Minute Task:

Y’know those feelings of deja vu?
I’m getting one now.
I remember in the 90’s the assertion that talc caused cancer, and was pulled from the shelves. Specifically, I recall owners of VW’s “sports” offering @ the time, the Corrado, being miffed that their favorite active spoiler lube was going to get yanked from existence. Lawsuits supposedly ensued.
FF 30 years and…here we are again? J&J getting sued for a cancer, caused by a product I could have sworn was pulled decades ago for the same thing…

Did I just make that up? I don’t think so…and yet…

Here’s another that I actually have made up, as far as I can tell; I recall very distinctly my childhood having a story called “Despicable Me”. It was an animated, funny looking guy with a funny accent named Gru, with a big hooked nose on spindly legs, dressed all in black, had tiny yellow minions who worked for him, used old Soviet-style technology for everything, and all his conveyances spewed black smoke. I was pretty excited, feeling nostalgic when Illumination announced their movie version of the story I remembered. I was shocked to learn no such story existed from my childhood…

Still can’t choose Lotto numbers, though.

I think I saw you at Woodstock, I mean everyone was there.

2 Likes
2 Likes