DEFCAD Offline Again

Defense Distributed is seeking funding for legal expenses. If this isn’t something you want to support, that’s cool, I get it. This is to get the word out to people who might want to support it.

https://defcad.com/

4 Likes

I hope they keep fighting,

The amount of grand standing and FUD being thrown at them is outrageous. The demonetization of firearms and their manufacture needs to stop. We are enacting and over enforcing bad laws with long reaching effects under the idea it will remove fear in our society.

Knowledge is the key and understanding that is the true way to combat fear, bad laws only perpetuate the fear further.

It’s grandstanding for reelection by the various stage AGs and it’s not going to go anywhere once a real judge gets a hold of this issue, just like the last lawsuit. The designs have been available online for literally years already and can be torrented with no work at all.

Furthermore, the all-plastic Liberator design at best is a single-shot toy if you were to make it on a top-of-the-line 3D printer making use of very high-performance specialty polymer blends. Try to make it from ABS on the FDM printers common to places like the DMS and it’s guaranteed to take your finger off.

1 Like

This is an interesting read. It paints a somewhat dystopian future for the internet.

I wouldn’t say that the article paints a dystopian image of the future. It basically gives a run down of the current situation with DEFCAD. Yes, it references Ray Bradbury’s dystopian novel “Fahrenheit 451," but, that was to explain the unusual use of the HTTP 451 Error Code.

Seeing state level censorship like this is scary to me. I know to many the fear of firearms is enough for them to condone these actions. But, the states are now stepping on everyone’s first amendment rights to target their second amendment rights. I hope the coverage of this spreads that fact, so not only those in support or opposition of these actions understand it, but also the people that are indifferent to the actions.

This is a major paradigm shift.

All this handwaving freakoutery is about a slightly novel means of producing the decades-old concept of the zip gun, only without any of the genre’s questionable design strengths.

1 Like

Hell yeah … this is THE fight. Tired of living a complacent life and want to get into the breach… this is an important one. Only warriors wanted. I donated and will keep on the phones. The teaching youths how to use and operate guns. Working to get gun teaching into the schools is next. Hoorah…

1 Like