Deep discount on UDEMY $10/course

Have been eyeing a Blender course on www.udemy.com this week. Usually $195, but were running a discount where it was only $50 for new students. I kept the page open while I debated. Today I decided to sign up, but coupon had expired. Refreshed page and course was only $10. “Over 40,000 courses are $10 each for a limited time.”

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, just enrolled in a Python course!

This is a tangent, but we used to have access to courses with Lynda.com. Many city libraries offer access if you have a library card.

1 Like

MOOC offerings like this are a great way to take self-directed, self-paced courses that don’t really require an instructor, just a desire to learn and willingness to put in the time! As @riceball2015 indicated, Python (programming) is a great example.

2 Likes

Recommendation on which Python course to select? Have programming background, just never used Python.

1 Like
1 Like

Use the source, Luke… https://www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/

1 Like

I need structure, and an expert to walk me through building blocks of learning.

It is not on the calendar but Dwight @denzuko said Python class starts Tuesday.

No expert (i.e. instructor) needed:

Really, this (or sites like it like Khan academy) is the most straightforward way to proceed for introductory, basic detail dissemination.

1 Like

Nice! I signed up for their highest rated PERL class.

Thanks JJ!

Udemy does these kinds of discounts regularly. I highly recommend anything from devslopes and or Mark Price. I have purchased several Swift iOS courses from $10-$29. Definitely worth it.