Decoden Flyer on Bulletin Boards?

Hello! I want to put a Decoden flyer on the bulletin boards in the MS. Since your wiki says that you guys are in charge of “Advertising for the space and events,” can I put up flyers?

Not taped to walls or anything - just to the cork boards.

That is an @adam_oas decision.

Regards,

Steve

Are you advertising for a class or an event? In general, I have taken a fairly lax attitude toward what is allowed on the bulletin board. If it’s a plainly non-maker item, it gets pulled asap. Events stuff for outside of the space are allowed some latitude, events for the space itself and or classes are effectively unlimited so long as there is available space on the board. If you are really wanting to drum up interest in a particular class at the Makersapce, posting flyers all around the space has been a norm for quite a while, just PLEASE make sure that you are using some way to attach it that is non-marring.

Edit in case it wasn’t clear:
As much as Decoden is the ultimate antithesis of everything I personally look for in an item, I think it’s plenty maker-centric to hold a class or event around. If you are simply trying to sell items for other people to adorn their stuff with, it’s kind of outside the scope of what the bulletin board should be used for.

3 Likes

This would be a DMS class. Is sticky-tack okay?

1 Like

There should be push pins available on the bulletin board or in the office supply area. I think the current board is fabric so sticky tacky could leave a mess.

I’m not on PR, just offering some thoughts.

1 Like

Then yes! Please advertise your class anywhere that makes sense (Including the bulletin board).
I’m using sticky-tack on painted surfaces, but as Merissa says, the Bulletin board has push pins in it already.

1 Like