December Potluck is Saturday please join! (12/16 7pm)

Hi everyone! Let’s gather! With food!

Date: December 16
Time: 7-10p
Details: DMS very own turkeys are going to fry up some turkeys. DMS will provide the paper goods, table covers. You’re going to sign up and bring a dish or two. Please feel free to edit the signup sheet.
Sock Exchange: Bring a pair of socks and shove it full of goodies to exchange
Other stuff: Anyone want to organize a gift exchange/trade? to coincide? @AlexRhodes I know you and @MellissaRhodes did this a few years ago and it was fun.
DMS link on the calendar (no need to register for this) https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/4238

Link to food signup:

Poster:

2 Likes

I will do it on Thursday night.

3 Likes

I can’t edit the thing but put me down for ice

2 Likes

Signed up for Beer Braised Brussels Sprouts.

2 Likes

Just pushing this up.
@Lampy I have it slated to get two turkeys to your house on Tuesday for you to start brining/defrosting

I’m (just checking) buying:
The big gallons of peanut oil, a pot to fry the turkeys, a full propane tank (I have one), silverware, plates, table covers and that’s all I know.

1 Like

Are there going to be other meats for people? Basically plan on 1/2 pound turkey per person.

@Nick brought over the cooler, getting burner from family, have two tanks of propane.

Need:
Turkeys 2-3?
5 Gal Peanut Oil (had at Winco for $25).
Plates/Silveware

3 Likes

Sad to say I’m closing at work that night so unless you wanna bring the party to me I’m out. (Please don’t LOL)

Costco spiral cut ham

2 Likes

It said “Lobster” at the top of the sheet and I started to get excited until reality sunk in: it is just the name of the font…

I thoroughly enjoyed the crawfish the time we did that. If we can cook turkeys here, can we do that again someday?

3 Likes

Looks like I’m in. That day is not shaping up to be a good day for rockets:

1 Like

Put me down for a spiral cut ham to bring

1 Like

A second one? I’m already on the list for one.

My bad! I’ll make some sort of potato dish :blush:

2 Likes

Good. Then I don’t have to bring all the potatoes.

I am down for

1. garlic mashed potatoes,
  2. smashed sweet potatoes
1 Like

@Lampy my plan is to pick up the turkeys and get them to you tomorrow after school. I’m thinking 3. How big do they need to be and do you need anything else (yes I know oil) do you want me to buy the propane refill via the DMS account?

I’m buying two simple chafing dishes to stay at DMS, sterno, and this thing just to try it out to help things keep cool. Reviews look promising and its worth a shot for drinks.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXDGYSO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2UXWB417RTLRG&psc=1

14-16 lbs is a good size. they need to be approximately the same size so we don’t have to adjust the oil level.

I’ll handle the propane and a tray to place the cooker on.

1 Like

Could someone pin this just till Sunday evening? @John_Marlow

If you can’t bring anything to the party but still want to participate I will need help setting up (6ish) and also cleaning up (past 10p) I would love that. Contribute in other ways. We will have plenty of food.

Went to Costco last night and delivered three mid-size respectable birds to Kens house (we now live 6 minutes from each other isn’t that grand) He’s going to brine them and fry them for nibbles.

A few more trips to the store and we should be good to go for Saturday.
Today and tomorrow the chafing dishes should arrive to DMS along with some smaller things for the party. Please be on the lookout - they are labeled DMS PR- for potluck please place them on the table till Saturday

@StanSimmons I’ve already sent an email but here are the tracking numbers for all to watch out for.

Tracking ID 420371799498
Tracking ID 1Z21A88F0335975965
Tracking ID TBA610319469000

@Lampy said he plans on setting up around 4ish to start cooking @Nick @brsims

Remember to bring things in disposable containers as I won’t be doing dishes at the end of the night - leftovers in disposable dishes will be taken to the kitchen for nibblers when the party dies down. I will have my son with me so I won’t be able to stick around really really late.

Just incase you care
Purchased:
turkey
cups
plates
2 chafing dishes (to be reused for PR)
a tabletop ice thing
Prizes for some small little fun things

To buy (dollar store stuff):
napkins
small dessert plates
table covers
Smores bar

3 Likes

Done. :blankspace: :blankspace:

Six minutes if you walk. I promise to start leaving goofy things on your porch.

6 Likes