Dear makerspace

I think this decision should be up to Logistics Committee (Alan) on a new vacuum. The roombas obviously don’t work and a house hold vacuum is ok but I think will get burnt out like this one, even the Oreck at my house I’m having to replace belts, clean out every time I use it.

1 Like

I think the batteries finally died on them and cannot be revived.

I think the batteries finally died on them and cannot be revived.

If it is okay with the BOD / Ops Committee, then I will take them for my slave vacuum army.

JAG “Cry Roomba, and Let Slip the Vacuum Cleaners of War!” MAN

Romeo has them and is fixing them up to bring back. I’ve got some batteries to give him to replace the dead ones.

Ops doesn’t exist anymore :wink:
I think you want it to go to Logistics… but you may want to email Allen first.

1 Like

If there is a cleaning service already, then just use a shop vac for anything in between professional cleanings.

Daniel,

Romeo has them and is fixing them up to bring back. I’ve got some batteries to give him to replace >the dead ones.

Oh, very good then!

I found it odd that DMS would allow a Roomba to just lay there if all it needed was a battery replacement.

Still, I will dream of leading an army of Dalek disc vacuum cleaners with armored housecats bearing neurally activated laser head cannons astride each one…

Ops doesn’t exist anymore

Swept away by Palpatine with the last of the Old Republic?

JAG “Being Chased By the Guys in White Coats” MAN

Begun the necropsy on the poor devil. If you give a damn, or even if you don’t…
Anyone know what these little guys are?

I am at a total loss, but whomever was making something to clog up the outlet of the vacuum tube on a Dirt Devil EasyLite, congratulations! These guys are PERFECT! They are small enough to fit into the tube, but too large to fit out of the opening unless broken up. I have removed 7 of these so far, and the suction has gone from near zero to nearly acceptable.
Anyway, if you’re like me, you needed to know.
If you’re not like me, maybe you needed to know anyway, since things like this should be swept up with a broom, never with a vacuum. While others might accept these thingies without complaint, there is no vacuum so equipped as to never be stopped up if we try hard enough…
Anyway, thanks for looking. Love figuring out things like this. This one was almost too easy. If anyone feels jilted and that I should return the tool, let me know. Otherwise, I’m all set to start tinkering and cannot thank ya’ll enough for letting me have this little jewel to so do.
also, if you happen to find the tools lying around, I’d love to have them. Mostly for looks, y’know, but also for some performance testing…

1 Like

They look like dirt-encrusted 3d Doritos chips although I can’t find the exact shape. https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=979&q=doritos+jacked+3d

-the purring dork

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s dog food…

Naw, looks like moldy corn chips of some sort.

Their composition reminds me of “Bugles”, but I"m not familiar with said snack being in this shape. As you can see in the photos, they’re about 1" across, ridged along their length on the outside, and hollow in the center (although they might not have been that way when new). I’m figuring snack food, but I have not ever seen whatever it is. Could also be something like pasta or maybe some craft product, but I don’t think so.
If I find out I’ll let ya know. Thank you for the input so far! Love mysteries! :sunglasses:

Are they salty or sweet?
Crunchy or snappy?
Do they contain Carmel or peanut butter?

Are they salty or sweet?
No data–not gonna be unless my friends are dumber than I think…

Crunchy or snappy?
My research says these are synonyms, so yes.

Do they contain Carmel or peanut butter?
Whatever they might once have contained, they now largely contain dirt, but no chocolate nor peanut butter that i can find ( not going microscopic here. …)

Send it in for spectrographic analysis - my guess is that they are gluten-free Cocoa Puffs of extra-terrestrial nature.

JAG “Get Mikey - he’ll eat anything” MAN

2 Likes

Love to! Got any pro bono spectographers to recommend?

Also not sure I didn’t throw 'em all away. …

Andrew,

Just dress up in a lab coat and go down to one of the research labs at Southwestern Medical with the samples in a beaker and a clipboard full of disorganized Elsevier papers on surface chemistry. Run up to the nearest grad student and exclaim: “Dr. Bunsen Honeydew needs an Raman FT-IR profile on these stat - we believe them to be high yield macro-graphene aerogels and the presentation is in 2 hours!”

Then watch the fun begin.

JAG “Sputter Coating Fruit Loops Like A Pimp” MAN

2 Likes

We could make our own spectrophotometer…

1 Like

BLAST!
I only know where to find ORGANIZED Elsevier papers.
Plus, I don’t trust med students to make a cup o’ noodles…

Hell yeah!
What’s stoppin’ ya?
Oh yea, the usual list:
time
money
time & money
:smiley:

I simply can’t believe the amount of talk generated from a crappy vacuum

2 Likes