Dealing With Ants: Is a Magnifying Glass on a Sunny Day Most Effective @ Eradication?

I have found these to be very effective

3 Likes

Very likely. I spotted some guys last month (??) squirting insecticide around the edges of the building. Anybody who knows ants knows that this is Ineffective. You’ll kill a few, and the rest will be back as soon as the stuff you sprayed wears off.

yeah you need bait traps to kill the brood and queen

Kenneth and I went to the arts festival in McKinney - someone was selling “nature created sculptures”

images-1

1 Like

trouble is we would have to excavate the floor to retrieve it

Those are cool…'Ive seen some YT vids of people making these. Pretty fascinating!

I would suggest diatomaceous earth. The horticultural grade stuff is extremely cheap compared to hiring an exterminator. Spread it around, then stomp around the mound so they all come up and get it on them. :smiling_imp: Within a couple days, they should all be pretty much dead.

Problem is it only kills the workers. You need to kill the queen. Poison bait is inexpensive and effective.

Borax, sugar, and water solution will get them. The exterminator who came to my house last time said he was using borax so I googled how to use it.

3 Likes

Back in the 80s it was more fun to pour gas down the hole and toss a match from a distance. It would burn for quite a while.

1 Like