DaVinci XYZ Printer - New but bricked

I bought a DaVinci xyz v1.1, printed out 1 model then decided to flash it so I could use non-DaVinci filament. I got halfway through the process and hosed it all up. Now I have a semi-bricked xyz sitting on my floor. $100 takes it along with a new spool of XYZ filament. My laziness is your opportunity. Take this thing, reflash it and print away. Will meet you at the makerspace or towards McKinney.

Nathan

If it’s still available, I’ll take it. I’ll be at the space Thursday night for open house or can meet you towards McKinney a different night.

Raymond

The printer is yours. Give me your #. I will figure out my schedule and we can meet.

It sat for 2 years… but I just got it unbricked tonight. It went from sitting around in case I needed parts for my other to one I should be able to use now.

6 Likes

HAHA, I forgot I even owned that thing. At one time I had 5 3d printers in my office, now am down to zero.

Glad you are getting some use out of it.

It’s WORKING!

Last week I worked out how to level the bed but couldn’t get it to print. The sample XYZ files didn’t have temperature settings that Repetier liked so it turned off the extruder and bed which caused the filiment to stop flowing. I had to disassemble the print head assembly and clean the filament feed gears and punt.

Tonight I figured out what software to use for slicing, the settings for it, and how to get it from the slicer to the printer.

Printing a pillow block for building an Arduino 3D Wire Bender now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doesnt DaVinci DRM their filament or did you hack your way past that?

It’s now running Repetier firmware. :slight_smile:

2 Likes