Damage to KMG Grinder

Took the welding class today, noticed that the brand new KMG has received damage. The 8" wheel has a fairly deep divot/line in it about 1/8" deep and 6 inches long. Also the tool rest that attaches to the underside is bent downward about 5-10 degrees.

It appears that someone was grinding and their piece was caught by the wheel. This would explain the damage to the tool rest as well.

Believe the tool rest can be repaired with a visit to the hydraulic press.

Anyone see any issue with me straightening the rest in this manner?

Also I owe for a belt on the grinder. I am happy to bring another one. How are supplies for this being handled?

Thanks

Freddy

2 Likes

I don’t see a problem with you straightening the rest that way, thank you for reporting the issue!

2 Likes

Also if anyone knows who was using it when this happened please massage me and let them know I’d like to know how it happened to insure we are training people to avoid damaging it

2 Likes

You can always check the video. Not reporting damage isn’t acceptable.

1 Like

Yes I agree, what do I need to gain access to the video cameras in Metalshop?

@StanSimmons Stan can set you up with access to Metal Shop cameras as you are the Chair.

This has been resolved the grinder is fully operational and the person responsible found. Thanks for reporting it and we will have belts for purchase soon on the Metalshop square

7 Likes

This is one of the strangest requests I’ve seen from the metal shop. Seems much more like a lasers area type of solicitation to me… :thinking: