Dallas Quilt Show

Those of you that know me, know that quilt making is my “passion” thing.

To that end, I’ve been heavily involved with planning for the Dallas Quilt Show for many years. This year is no exception.

The Quilter’s Guild of Dallas will be taking over Dallas Market Hall the morning of Tuesday, March 7th to begin the process of putting together one of the two largest all-volunteer quilt shows in the nation. While you can always pay $15 to attend between Friday, March 10 and Sunday, March 12, one of our “open secrets” is that if you volunteer for two or more hours, you can get a pass to use to attend the show FREE!

This year, we have an extraordinary array of AMAZING quilts to admire, as well as more vendors than we ever hoped for, selling exclusively quilting-related goods (no ginsu knife salesmen here!)

If you have any free time between Tuesday noon and Sunday evening, we would love to have you join us. You can sign up for volunteer shifts online here:

Or simply come to the Market Center Blvd entrance to the Freeway Hall (the main exhibit hall) and offer your volunteer services on the spot. Parking is free. And to sweeten the pot, we’ll have a wide variety of snacks available in our staff lounge to keep you from fainting from hunger.

I’m attaching photos of a couple of my entries in the judged show:
One is a photo of my dog, Jake, printed on fabric and hand-tinted.
The other is a mandala composed of sewing notions. That incidentally, I designed sitting at the bowling table in CA at DMS!

6 Likes

Even if your not a quilter,
This is a fun show to see. Quilters Guild always does a good job of putting this event together and I’ve personally gone a many times.
See you there!

1 Like