Dallas Makerspace Youtube Channel(s)

In one of the recent PR meetings we were discussing potential advertising methods and Youtube was briefly mentioned.

Today I finally looked it up and noticed that there are 2 DMS youtube channels, but the one with more videos and subscribers was first and hasn’t been active for a while, and the newer channel hasn’t been active for a few months.

I assume that whoever started the first account isn’t active anymore and never shared the password?

I’d like to get either channel going again if someone is willing to pass the torch.

1 Like

This one

being the one the BOD meetings are streamed on, is likely the “official”.
I’ll bet @StanSimmons has creds, and would be the person to talk to about gaining access.
Which “other channel” did you find?
My guess is this one:

which…yeah…no idea. Would still bet on Stan, though.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn’t @Adam_Oas and/or @Diplomat Steven already have these accesses, as current/most recent PR chairs? Seems like the kind of thing that should go into the chairperson “book of secrets”…

I don’t believe that either myself or Steve have the login info for these channels.

A book of secrets is a great idea, but can be hard to implement in an organization such as ours, as people come and go, and just knowing that there IS a book of secrets, might end up as a secret in and of itself :confounded:

1 Like

The “book of secrets” is the admin wiki.

youtube uses your regular google account stuff and you can be asked to made a manager. Right now the owners are @Robert_Davidson, @StanSimmons, @Coul and @LisaSelk. I am just a manager along with a few others.

2 Likes

@Coul has been doing most of the Youtube stuff for the last year or so.

1 Like

You know, it would be really cool to video and post some of the classes. Maybe not the ones that qualify people to use equipment (wouldn’t want someone to assume they know what they’re doing without the instructor giving the green light), but there are a lot of others that would be handy to have online.

2 Likes

Definitely, so far the only instructional video we have is on loading the
poly printers.

Next on the list would probably be some online training on the thunder
lasers

1 Like

I agree it would be great to have info on the lasers. I took the laser 101 class back in January and haven’t had a project yet to use them. I know for sure I’m going to need a refresher when I go to actually use them.

1 Like

I can help produce a laser video. My strongest skills are writing and setting up shots.

1 Like

What a coincidence, my weakest skill is writing!

I think it would be good to have some of the required class yo also,
They could be used before a class to help a person develop questions and to reduce some
questions during training and they would be great for refresher reminders