Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - September 2019

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer blog content!

• a decent QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
1 Like

A couple of quick blank book covers.

10 Likes

@jendrew12 - I have moved your post to September since technically you posted in September (I just hadn’t created the topic yet).

1 Like

A couple more boxes and some resin filled pendants.

21 Likes

They are all beautiful. Do you teach a class for those boxes? What is the mandatory skillset/signoff?
I have a very jealous tarot deck…

Since we can drop F bombs on Talk again - here’s mine :grin:
Christmas ornament in Mesquite.

18 Likes

Just finished putting on the last coats of varnish! I think this project is in the books! took about 110 hours, all said 'n done, but this was my first real “fine woodworking” project. Both the desk and side table together soaked up a quart of satin Arm-r-seal.

Had some leftover cherry enough to make a little drink table too:

cat tax

31 Likes

Spectrum’s Clear Crackle Glaze and Amaco’s Saturation Metallic fired in the Ceramics Department at Dallas MakerSpace - Finished off in Noodlers Alcohol Inks from Creative Arts at Dallas MakerSpace.

19 Likes

Some pieces I made for Paul for some wood lathe tools :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Ceramics are new to me and thank you @Team_Ceramics for all the great advise!

Sea Anemone pot. Celadon glazes storm and ice

23 Likes

A great gift for the beer drinkers in your life. well done.

Is the skull pre-cast or an original creation??

Casted and some chars

I have no idea what this means.

1 Like

:joy: broken piece from a full skull Slip Cast mold, and some characters to satisfy the posting requirements. Apologies

2 Likes

Technically August, but I did this on Saturday:

I don’t typically work on my alcohol ink/resin art at DMS because I can do them at home and there’s so much more I can do at DMS that I can’t do at home, but I’ve had some requests for demos/classes in alcohol ink painting. So I decided to do an impromptu demo during the CA Office Hours to get an idea of how I would structure such a class.

Blatant plug: if you want to see more of my work find me on instagram @BarkingChickenStudios

17 Likes

Wood and Laser by Johnny and Tom
Ceramic Vase by Liam with Christys Microcrystalline Glaze. :fire::fire::fire:

20 Likes