Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - October 2019

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment to fixing your car and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

You can see more great projects from last month at this link!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post or other social media (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer social media content!

• a decent QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
1 Like

Leather suspenders! Made with dyed veg tan and various metal hardware. A great first project for beginners highly recommended! No sewing required!

I made them because I like dapper clothes! Brenly @brenlyxr Instagram 20191001_025019|375x500

12 Likes

3d printed crow skull using ABS. 1 hour print. The file is free on Thingiverse.

This was my first successful 3d print. I wanted cool witchy knick knacks for year round! Halloween is in your heart every day of the year. --Brenly insta @brenlyxr

10 Likes

I’m reposting this as a reminder that October is breast cancer awareness month.
Red Oak, Mesquite, Curley Maple, and African pink Ivory wood. 18"x18".
May it inspire you and remind you of loved ones. cheers!

14 Likes

Trick-or-treat bags for the (grand)nephews/niece.

Glow-in-the-dark heat transfer vinyl, cut on the Cameo (thank you to @squaredroots for a good Cameo class!) Partially serged at DMS (thanks @Kriskat30 for reminding me how to thread it!) Plastic needlepoint canvas stitched into the base of each flat-bottom bag to hold its shape and French seams so nothing is raw/exposed inside the bags. Pumpkins on both sides of each bag help people see the kids coming and going.

The heat transfer vinyl was fun and exciting because it turned out so well. Now I’m trying to think of other things I need to do with heat transfer vinyl!

DSC_4356a_600px

DSC_4360a_600px

26 Likes

Wow those came out REALLY well

1 Like

Forged square knot bottle opener prototype. Made from two pieces of 1/4” hot-rolled steel.

Need to work on evening up the scrolled ends.

25 Likes

Not bad, Knots rock!!

put it further off center.

1 Like

First Makerspace project and first laser project finished yesterday. Thanks to DMS members Jeff, Thornton and Mark for help along the way!

37 Likes

Display coffin for our booth at the Screams Halloween park. Made out of cardboard, woodgrain contact paper, and crushed panne fabric for a total cost of $12 (plus tax…).

31 Likes

Very clever! It looks great and you’d never guess the ingredients.

1 Like

Those are GREAT! Love the etching design!

Happy with how they came out, and learned I need to adjust for kerf for a tighter fit. Thank you!

That rich, red fabric really sells the project for me. Lovely!

1 Like

Now set up and in use in Waxahachie!

20 Likes

My wife wants some of the tiles.

Wonderful chain mail class taught by Rose Smith with John Kuhlenschmidt and Linda Dallas helping out. Initially complicated, but it turned out well.

Now to finish linking the two sides together.

Pic preview seems strange on my device, but looks fine if I click the picture…

13 Likes

A little laser work this time. This is my digital inspired Dallas Skylin 18x10". The alternating background is all side grain Mesquite blocks. The inlay is a Philippine mahogany species veneer on thin plywood. Cheers!

IMG_2483%20(1)
Create everyday.

17 Likes