Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - October 2018

I’d worry that any beam strong enough to cut completely through the raw crust would burn the edges so badly as to impart a bad taste.

I use cookie cutters to cut decorative shapes which I assemble into a crust top for fruit pies. Maple leaves work well.

10 Likes

…or maybe it cooks WHILE you cut it?

Ya that’s what I was thinking as well.

I’m not sure that raw dough cuts cleanly enough to be effectively MultiCam’d.

I don’t usually “like” pumpkin pie, but I “liked” that one.

1 Like

disco310

Whadd’ya expect from me, other than MORE Aluminoids™? The lettering was made by stencil, but it could also have been made by printing out your message on paper, taping it to the side of the can, then punching out the lettering with a pushpin. The sides were made in my Aluminator. Cell phone isn’t necessary, as a LED light works fine. [You can get the LED units out of illuminated balloons from Wal-Mart for $0.80 apiece.]

Hope to have dozens of these lining my driveway on Halloween!

15 Likes

Well Dang, I don’t even like pumpkin pie and I want to try this. Very cool

Slip cast soap dish with lavander glaze

23 Likes

So cute! Gotta try thi one.

1 Like

I took the needle-felting class. Instead of a pumpkin, I decided to make an eyeball instead. Yeppers, stabbing things with sharp objects is fun! Kudos to the Fiber gang for hosting the class.
-Judy

Edited to add bloody ear, stabbed out at the suggestion of Jeanne @kryithia

15 Likes

Needlefelting class. Most folks made cute pumpkins. Although there is the adorable eyeball and severed ear in above post

My “pumpkin” turned out a little alien :slight_smile:

I was playing around with color and sculpting texture.

It’s actually a tool for spinning. A plying ball. I need a core for offloading my fine cotton project from the spindle and wrapping it around an object so it keeps tension in middle and will be more even than plying from spindle later. Traditionally the center would be a coin or wad of wool.

This IS wool, just a flimsy excuse for a fun project. No rule that it has to be symmetrical. Or boring.

My favorite angle is the little snake in bottom center.

All the sinuous tentacle shapes…next project, I’m gonna make a cute little Kraken eating a ship.

10 Likes

(Per @talkers instructions, tagging @Team_PR).

Took this month’s “Printmaking Techniques – Reduction Print – Dia De Los Muertos”. Have never carved before. Love it!!! Astrud @Print_Witch as an Instructor has this way about her that makes you think you “can do it”. May she never change.

Right hand print is what I carved in class. Left is what I made at home.

Reduction printmaking means one block + repeat “carve-ink-print” cycles (hence the word “reduction”). Choose a different ink for each stage.

19 Likes

That’s wonderful work. swoon

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - November 2018