Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - October 2018

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

There are some interesting projects posted on last month’s Show & Tell, available at this link.

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer blog content!

• a decent QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
2 Likes

My first bowl, thrown, trimmed, carved and glazed! It’s miles from perfect but it’s all mine!
Stoneware clay yarn bowl, thrown on the wheel.
Kate Elsinger

22 Likes

More RPG terrain. Was short on time, so this was a one day project. DollarTree skeleton garlands formed the basis for the Bone Bridge.

21 Likes

Helped a scout from my sons troop with his eagle project the other weekend. He made 3 8x4 cedar planters for his church and I helped add scripture on all 4 sides with the multicam. They turned out great, unlike the weather :slight_smile:

IMG_8294

IMG_8292

IMG_8304

IMG_8306

23 Likes

And from the side it looks just like a cute cupcake. Well done!

1 Like

Mei Meng

12 Likes

Yep, just finished some cutting for open house. 2 hours of cutting on the new cnc plasma. That’s 208 total on that sheet using the array method.

17 Likes

But were you able to retrieve and count all 208!? :laughing:

Nice work, cool machine… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only recovered 1 from the machine, the rest are in the parts tray.

4 Likes

You amaze me.

Love it - - amazing detail…

Beautiful work!

Can I post older things I’ve made here?

Automatic Ouija board:

a silly thing I made for work:

laser etched map with buttons

switchboard with Morse code

laser cut MDF painted with conductive ink and linked to capacitive touch sensors.

laser etched clock face and stepper motor to determine the weather in a location

find the missing puzzle pieces and spin around the pieces to find the code (laser cut)

custom frame with hall effect sensors behind a print - trace the route of the knight

laser cut on big thunder - windows you arrange to find the clue

14 Likes

That Sleepy Hollow map! excellent work.

My latest in the journey of making spheres.

28 Likes

For his birthday my uncle asked me for a “wizard staff”. The funny part of the story is I was riding my bike one morning and came across this branch on a trail. It was exactly the right kind of thing for this project. I awkwardly slung it over my shoulder and rode home with it. Longest 4 miles ever.

11 Likes

Stage one of my new mug. Can’t wait to glaze this!

25 Likes

Another slip cast piece. Not sure what it’s final use will be yet.

16 Likes

Is that mug supposed to have a wrapped in human leather look?

1 Like