Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - November 2019

Thank you Johnny Bluejacket for the 1-1 Lapidary class. You were very generous with your personal time. I’ve been wanting to learn Lapidary a long time. My teaching and chair duties always clashed with class dates.

Another thing I REALLY like doing at DMS!

15 Likes

this is a female form mandala in 8 layers. 13” tall.

Create Everyday.

11 Likes

Thank you @JBluJkt for the 1 on 1 lapidary class with @meanbaby you let me crash in on!

14 Likes

Now to make a tiny LED stand for it

4 Likes

First Holiday Decor class results…

16 Likes

Made in Open Forge class today!

18 Likes

A record weight, with 45 adapter built-in :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Was cool to see :sunglasses: this turned out great!

1 Like

Many of you saw me flattening these slabs and final table ln the Multicam. Today it was delivered to a happy client.

32 Likes

Beautiful Ryan!

2 Likes

Continuing my trend of boxes I meant to make forever, here is the box for my glass pen I’ve been meaning to make for the past 15 years.

Box is purpleheart, with leather inserts to pad the pen and ink vials.

18 Likes

I took @Monikat’s handbuilding ceramics class today and made some Gravity Falls themed gnomes! Can’t wait to paint them!

20 Likes

Some photos from the recent raku event. :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

@JBluJkt. Haha…puns are awesome! turned out for something turned on a lathe.

1 Like

Fair Isle cowl in progress

19 Likes

A bunch of you saw me working on the dog crate I was making for my daughter, it was installed this week. The panels are made so they can be switched between spots, that way when my son-in-law and daughter move again they can reconfigure where the gate and back panels go for the new house if necessary.

26 Likes

Are you just using the router to cut out the inside shapes, or something else? I have a project I’d like to make similar boxes for and had planned to use the router, but was curious if there might be better methods :slight_smile:

I’ve been using the Shapeoko after taking the class from @jphelps

3 Likes

Ah, thanks! I do now recall reading you posted that on an earlier box. Nice work!

I printed my own copy of the out-of-print game Shadow Hunters! It was far too easy!

Photoshop / inkscape for the board and cards. The cards use public domain 15th century woodcut art found on pinterest. The board was a screenshot from the original instruction manual. The art was cleaned up with inkscape by trace-to-bitmap.

The cards are just plain printer paper with a random junk playing card both nested in a sleeve protector. A great way to get any out of print games back on the table without having to make a special order online.

The board is a vinyl cut pasted onto plastic signage. both the vinyl and plastic came from scrap bins at the dallas maker space.

I plan to do a fancier version of the board in the near future. So far the only thing that cost any real money was the pack of card sleeves (I paid $10 for 100 great quality ones)

not sure how to cross tag the board game / table top SIG ~

9 Likes