Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - June 2019

Y’alls critters looked fantastic! Great students :slight_smile: I’m putting the felted “painting” class up when we get back and will probably add a little pencil bag class in as well.

2 Likes

This weekend my son and I worked on a couple of projects. One of them was using one of @ryan 's spalted silver maple cutoffs. We turned it into a nice looking bowl. My son did all of the work on our lathe.

He finished it with EEE polish only after sanding it down to 800 grit. I think it turned out pretty nice. He thinks it looks a little like the map on a globe.

I also made some scales for one of the $9.99 knives I picked up at Woodcraft. The knife is regularly $36.95, but is on sale now. The knife is a Tanto knife. The scales are Mexican Ebony/Katalox I bought years ago at Rockler. I replaces the screws which come with the knife with some brass rod. It was finished in three coats of teak oil.

23 Likes

looks great!

Those are cool! Makes me want to go there!

1 Like

Ceramics dip glazing event.

17 Likes

Here are a couple more examples of some 3d illusion and perspective. Both were lasered for speed but the spherical one would make a great carving. this stuff really has some ideas brewing in the ol’ brain box.

16 Likes

Loved the Saturday sewing classes. We made microwave potato bags and pot holders. My sister is new to sewing, so we love getting to practice new and old techniques while creating something pretty and useful.
Thanks, Astrud!

u

19 Likes

We also took a Dye Sublimation class… Too cool!
I’m looking forward to learning more techniques tomorrow!

14 Likes

Dye Sublimation class was too cool! Here are my mugs I made. :slight_smile:

Cindy

14 Likes

This is my first major project using these tools, so I’m hoping it’s something a beginner could tackle! Thanks for the compliments!

4 Likes

This is a penannular brooch that I had been wanting to make for a couple of years but moved away from my forge. It will hold my blanket together that I use backpacking, I usually don’t need to hike in a jacket but being around camp it works well and then I use it to sleep.

It’s out of 1/4" round and I made it during the open forge day with some great help from the instructors and Bill’s leaf die.

26 Likes

Pretty Awesome!! Love the branded look of the initials.

Just another perspective piece in silhouette and lines. Is he the good, the bad, or the ugly.
Create everyday!

17 Likes

Some recent slip-cast mugs for a friends 30th annie.

18 Likes

I love these!!

2 Likes

Ceramics Committee Clay and Coffee Dipped Glaze Extravaganza Event

23 Likes

Finished a new piece. This is a Stove cap:

Solid Cherry, cut on the CNC Router, finished with shellac and lacquer.

24 Likes

Beautiful!

He is for sure the “good” but really more like “amazing!”

1 Like

thank you. that’s kind of you to say.