Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - July 2019

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer blog content!

• a decent QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
5 Likes

Got some more stampers hooked. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Those look lovely! Kudos, everyone. I hope I can take your class sometime.

1 Like

Our 4th installment of the Ceramic Coterie. This months theme Chinese Blue and White Pottery. Missing a beautiful fish piece pot by @Anette_Henningson

24 Likes

Ceramic class on piereced and carved pottery

28 Likes

My cherry desk is standing on its own legs now and just recently got beveled trim pieces and drawers. Using 8mm dominos cut in half at 45° for the bevel edges and 90° for the butt joints.

Still need to intermediate sand components, then glue up drawers (red oak), attach hardware for the cable tray flip-top and drawer pulls, glue in the backs of the drawers, trim legs to the same length, final sand and finish.

home stretch!

27 Likes

Great stuff, here’s the fishie.

27 Likes

So, last fall, I signed up to participate in an annual challenge sponsored by the Cherrywood Fabrics Company in Minnesota. They do sueded hand-dyed cottons for quilt making. Recent themes have included Van Gogh and Prince. This year, the theme is Bob Ross.

Since this color palette is not my thing, I procrastinated for a really, really long time. As in, the images were due by midnight July 1, and I didn’t get terribly serious about working on the design until mid-May. But it’s done now, entry photos were submitted, and I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming…

Edit: it has been juried into the traveling exhibit!

30 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: CNC-carved birdhouses?

Combined clay and wood to make art!!!

18 Likes

Beautiful!

I was so mad I had to miss the copper stamping class. I will definitely sign up and attend next time it’s offered!

Cindy

1 Like

Made vinyl decals of each of my dogs to decorate my car. Traced the images from photos and cut them on the Silhouette Cameo. Yes, I have five dogs and no, I’m not crazy. Much. LOL.

Cindy

18 Likes

Many thanks to @so_creative for teaching the Leather Midori Bookcover class and for geneously making herself available for several hours to help her students in a work session on Friday.

I’ve done leather tooling, but this was my first attempt at a landscape. I could not have done it without her guidance.

The tooling is done: coloring and conversion to a bookcover is next week.

35 Likes

That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

We put 1700 shells into the sky, Happy Birthday America!

10 Likes

Just circles. I haven’t decided yet whether this is a mummy or robocop. Lasered on veneered plywood.

23 Likes

I love pierced pottery. Great job everyone!

Copper-steel Ladle. Incorporates 6 of the 7 fundamental skills of blacksmithing.

33 Likes