Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - July 2019

I was so mad I had to miss the copper stamping class. I will definitely sign up and attend next time it’s offered!

Cindy

1 Like

Made vinyl decals of each of my dogs to decorate my car. Traced the images from photos and cut them on the Silhouette Cameo. Yes, I have five dogs and no, I’m not crazy. Much. LOL.

Cindy

18 Likes

Many thanks to @so_creative for teaching the Leather Midori Bookcover class and for geneously making herself available for several hours to help her students in a work session on Friday.

I’ve done leather tooling, but this was my first attempt at a landscape. I could not have done it without her guidance.

The tooling is done: coloring and conversion to a bookcover is next week.

35 Likes

That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

We put 1700 shells into the sky, Happy Birthday America!

10 Likes

Just circles. I haven’t decided yet whether this is a mummy or robocop. Lasered on veneered plywood.

23 Likes

I love pierced pottery. Great job everyone!

Copper-steel Ladle. Incorporates 6 of the 7 fundamental skills of blacksmithing.

33 Likes

qu’est ce que c’est
Link of you have, please. Looks cool-io!

(copper bowl, steel handle)

1 Like

the 3 stages of life. Modeled after original art by Wieslaw Smetek. CNC carved into mahogany. Create everyday.

26 Likes

definitely a Golem

What are the 7 fundamentals of blacksmithing??

Don’t burn yourself or the place down.

6 Likes

Don’t smush your fingers.
Don’t stick your bare hand into the fire.
Bang the shit outta metal.
Add a twisty detail.

7 Likes

Betting on these 7 processes:

1. Forging
  2. Drawing
  3. Bending
  4. Upsetting
  5. Punching
  6. Welding
  7. Finishing

from wikipedia
Although I’ll bet Brad has better sources…

3 Likes

According to abana: drawing/tapering, cutting/punching, bending, twisting, upsetting, joinery, and welding.

Basically what @jast said, a little different but not much.

4 Likes

So you did not weld anything, what did you upset??

The ball-end and to a greater extent the rivet plate. It was upset then drawn sideways, rather than split and bent out.

Well done. you raised the copper as well?