Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - December 2018

lol…“stress reliever”

1 Like

I made a quilted zipper bag in today’s Quiltpocalypse gathering.

18 Likes

I made a ridiculous stop motion animation for my library. The staff is super-creative, and especially with voice-acting. Thanks to Adnan at DMS for all the pointers in video-editing with Adobe Premiere. @Team_PR

Abominably, Y’all

yeti

14 Likes

Herb choppers. Made from old farrier’s files, the handles are upset and drawn from the files, the blades are then forged, ground, heat treated, and sharpened.

30 Likes

@Julie-Harris beat me to it, but this is what we did in college with one of those glass heads used in retail stores to display hats.

@ladysandry freaking amazing stuff there!

2 Likes

No judgment if it’s not a collar for a dog - this is not a place of judgement.

7 Likes

So many wonderful things!

Finally got around to finishing the resin pendants from @lordrook 's class

17 Likes

Dichroic with clear cap, fired in microwave. I’m still practicing wire wrapping I’ll get it in a couple hundred more tries. It is set in there tight, For now I’m calling this one done. Need to get a chain, then it’s off to mom for Christmas.

18 Likes

Not sure how I feel about this one. Green glass with blue glas in top half. stringers on top of blue glass. Fired in the microwave. Glass is big and great color … Still practicing wire wrapping :woman_facepalming::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

End grain cheese board for mom also

Signature lasered on bottom, it’s a work of art!

20 Likes

Truly stunning boards!

Thanks to Bill for helping!

1 Like

very cool! Much like the Alaskan Ulu knives. you now need to turn a cutting board to match :smiley:

5 Likes

did you actually finally make something for yourself?

It is wonderful.

4 Likes

Spiderman Noir costume for the premier of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse at the Alamo Drafthouse, with the mask made using foam cut on the DMS lasers and fabric sewn on the serger.

25 Likes

Made these earrings in the Squiggles earrings or pendant class with Sue Rogers on Tuesday. The copper was tarnished so I just got done boiling them in salt, vinegar and water. Really brightened them up.

21 Likes

I made a Texas and cut the lake that my grandparents live on out of it. It’s currently rusting up in my backyard.

21 Likes

Great detail, was this done on the new plasma cutter?

Yup! Cut on the dynatorch.

3 Likes

It’s very cool, I definitely need to get trained on that thing!

1 Like