Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - December 2018

Awesome!! Make sure you post when the stitching is done. I’m dying to see. :smile:

1 Like

But of course. I figure it can be like the backyard shed reports.

2 Likes

I attend a Toastmasters Christmas party each year. We have a ornament exchange as part of the festivities. I decided to make one for the occasion.

The two spindles, top and bottom, are made from African Blackwood. The middle is made from a unique piece of cocobolo I acquired several years back. The white sandwich wood is tiger maple.

I think it turned (sic) out pretty well.

23 Likes

Tonight I took @Mandaris ‘s beginner chain maille class. Kinda cool, really. But brain twisting until it finally “clicks”.

Yet another new interest vortex…

16 Likes

LOL the collar is way too big. And I even brought her collar in to the class. Live and learn.

3 Likes

So I made these today. I’ve taken a pen class with John, another couple turning classes with @Lordrook Steve. Finally though was able to take at this knowledge and go through the process “by myself” with some help and borrowed tools from Ryan. This is a Christmas pen for my mom, Steve made the blank.

17 Likes

The pen came out great! Did you do a CA finish?

Big photo dump from last night’s raku event. Return of the creepy baby head

Edit: I have no idea why it chose that order to upload them in. Oh well. Meadandering journey

22 Likes

Nice.

It really needs an “exposed brain” lid. Or just a brain that can sit inside of it.

2 Likes

At one time it had some horns rising out of it.
Albeit another random piece of green ware just stashed in there for easier transport.

1 Like

Or…baby doll head loofah/sponge holder with a pink loofah or sponge. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol…“stress reliever”

1 Like

I made a quilted zipper bag in today’s Quiltpocalypse gathering.

18 Likes

I made a ridiculous stop motion animation for my library. The staff is super-creative, and especially with voice-acting. Thanks to Adnan at DMS for all the pointers in video-editing with Adobe Premiere. @Team_PR

Abominably, Y’all

yeti

14 Likes

Herb choppers. Made from old farrier’s files, the handles are upset and drawn from the files, the blades are then forged, ground, heat treated, and sharpened.

30 Likes

@Julie-Harris beat me to it, but this is what we did in college with one of those glass heads used in retail stores to display hats.

@ladysandry freaking amazing stuff there!

2 Likes

No judgment if it’s not a collar for a dog - this is not a place of judgement.

7 Likes

So many wonderful things!

Finally got around to finishing the resin pendants from @lordrook 's class

17 Likes

Dichroic with clear cap, fired in microwave. I’m still practicing wire wrapping I’ll get it in a couple hundred more tries. It is set in there tight, For now I’m calling this one done. Need to get a chain, then it’s off to mom for Christmas.

18 Likes