Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - August 2019

Wow! Beautiful!

1 Like

Spent today tacking together a new exhaust for my car. Had to stop for the day when I ran out of energy and also parts. Hopefully i can get it finished this week.

13 Likes

Any of these destined for the Lewisville event?

Clark made some things and had them casted for the the ceramics crew. Helped him finish them up a bit and the crew gets to learn some JSM skills to complete them later. Few ceramics Halloween items for a party.

18 Likes

I believe so, and some other things in addition. @brsims has the details.

Pretty much all of them (save for the “experimental steak turner” that just totally got away from me- that one’s probably destined for the scrap bin). Like @HankCowdog said, those and a bunch more.

1 Like

I’m calling this my Bob Ross tribute piece as I added ‘happy little clouds’ to it. All my standard inlay woods: Mesquite, Maple, White Oak, Walnut, Bloodwood, wenge, Sapele on a white oak background. 18" square. I totally enjoyed doing this one.

create everyday!

20 Likes

So I took one of my OP art 3d illusion pieces and created an array of them for a wall sample. The detail can be seen in the 2nd picture. It’s a 18" square paulo dao (Philippines wood) veneer with a 1/16" plywood backing.

IMG_2414 IMG_2417

create everyday

16 Likes

Last Thursday, I took @Lordrook’s resin pen blank casting class.

I peeked at my classmates’ blanks, and I think the three of them will be uber-pleased.

13 Likes

A necklace and earrings I made from a pattern for the upcoming chainmail weave class! Be sure to take the class September 13th! Thanks to Linda for supplying me the pattern since I can’t make the class.

15 Likes

I cant wait to see that on a pen!

3 Likes

Dye sub plaque for a Texas AirHogs player. Not done at the ‘Space, but it could have been.

4 Likes

2nd Macrocrystalline firing. We had some beautiful results. Thank you Chris Cooper for coordinating this event. Can’t wait for the next!

25 Likes

Thanks again to @cmcooper0 for doing these! You rock!

5 Likes

These are beautiful and very unique. Thanks for showing them.

Stay out of my head - there’s barely any room for me in there!

12 x 12 cnc carved on white oak.

7 Likes

This is a series of Guilloche style rosettes for a wall sample.

IMG_2419 IMG_2420 IMG_2421 IMG_2423

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - September 2019

So pretty!! Can’t wait to get started.

That is awesome! Great job!!