Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - April 2018

I’m planning on teaching another class mid-May. :slight_smile: I’ll try and remember to give a heads up on talk when I submit the request.

5 Likes

I lasered out some acrylic and made a pen cup.

I spent a lot of time playing with the kerf setting to get something that was tight, but not so tight that it caused the acrylic to crack. I definitely learned a lot from making this. There were many failed prototypes.

17 Likes

I made some doll clothes with @Evan_Lott just for fun and to practice sewing. They turned out pretty well!

12 Likes

No-sew leather pouch from @Webdevel. Love his classes and love the end product.

17 Likes

Those are cute.

Did you by any chance leave some of them in the CA studio by the sewing machine? We moved one or more to Lost and Found.

Hmm, I don’t think so, but thanks for telling me. I’ll check the lost and found next time I’m over there just in case.

2 Likes

Here is what is in lost and found. Bottom shelf, cardboard box.

1 Like

Nope, that’s not ours.

1 Like

J-Lo from #ExtraTerrible here. I am working on some new Bad Controllers for the upcoming Classic Game Fest in Austin. One of them is a Giant Joystick… I don’t have a name for it yet (suggestions are welcome.)

Basic wiring for a prototype. The PVC pipe is held in place by springs on the bottom side and a small indent with a wooden ball on the bottom piece for freedom of movement. Old school micro switch setup running thru a generic arcade PCB to USB board.

Break room for scenery / wife for scale.

I’m hoping to get some programmable RGB LED strips on the inside of the joy stick ball (it’s just an acrylic light cover)

I’ll let you all know when it’s done so I can have some volunteers for testing.

J-LO

17 Likes

The overjoyed stick?

2 Likes

Made some bunk beds for my boys start to finish at DMS out of scrap wood from home depot and pallets from behind the shop. They love them.

29 Likes

Snake wood finial. This little guy turned out very nice :grin:

19 Likes

Thanks to Katiri’s wonderful jewelry classes I got to make a pendant for my fiance using Sgraffito and made a nice owl cast in ancient bronze. Thanks @Kati :smiley:

17 Likes

Much better than I could do, good work!

1 Like

This piece shrunk way more than I thought it would. I thought it would be as big as the black donut behind it. Opening the kiln is always fun.

o

Uploading… Uploading…

21 Likes

Amazing!! I love seeing pictures of your work.

2 Likes

Healthcare Industry Trophy. Plasma cut, welded, painted, shaped, oiled.

18 Likes

Lovely lovely lovely work!
What clay body is this that it shrunk so much?

1 Like

Thank you, It’s called speckle gray. It’s a brown body with gray and black specks. I picked it up in Ga. unfortunately I only got 1 bag. I love the color but hate the shrink rate.

2 Likes

My next Teapot is drying, white- mica. I’m looking forward to seeing how this one goes. My mind went wandering for something a little different. But all my teapots are a little different :t_rex:

17 Likes