Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - April 2018

Had a good turn out for the blacksmithing intro class. We made forged tulips :tulip:

23 Likes

I made some replacement parts for the leather strap cutter. I put them in the Leatherworking cabinet.

16 Likes

I really like what you’ve done. And with Mother’s day right around the corner, I’m guessing these will be very popular.

1 Like

I would have loved to have one for my hubby He loves tulips and he has
p;anted black tulips

Great job on them roses!

That’s perfect. thanks!

1 Like

I like my flowers heavy, burnt, beaten, black, and sharp as hell…just like my heart. hahahahaha

8 Likes

Took the 3d scanner class and put out this print (came out pretty well for the fastest speed and lowest quality just to do a test run in less than 3 days).
Yes, it’s the human heart model used for the class, but we all decided it should be a kitchen knife holder. So you know, we could all be stabbing a heart.

22 Likes

Here’s a quickie little turning. The vessel is turned from a palm nut (Raphia taedigera, I think). The base and the friction-fitted lid are African Blackwood. (Sorry for the crummy iPhone photo).

23 Likes

Teach me all the tiny things…unless they take a super long time. In which case I shall become frustrated and hulk smash if it’s not metal lol

2 Likes

Really happy that the stoneware head sculpted in Raymond Cassady’s class survived the bisque and cone 6 firing. Used to have shoulders, but they were lost in the process, but overall happy with the turnout. For ceramics geeks, Amaco underglazes were used under Crystal clear.

15 Likes

Actually, the benefit of turning tiny things is that it’s really fast. You don’t have to remove much material!

6 Likes

Yeah, but if/when they come off the lathe, finding them in the sawdust can be a challenge!

5 Likes

I designed and laser cut a stand for my Organelle.
It’s a really cool device that runs an Arch Linux distro to play modules from a visual programming language called Pure Data. nerdgasm

This prototype could use some adjustments, but I’m happy to have it at a workable angle now!

15 Likes

First lampwork class! Good job everyone.

Apologies for the lack of photos, I may have forgotten until the end of class. Oops

16 Likes

I thought for sure all of these beads were ruined, but I’m happy with how it came out. I’ve never done any kind of glass work before so this was really fun for me.

Thanks for the class!

18 Likes

Those are great! I like the wonky clear one :slight_smile:

1 Like

The blue turning orange was an unexpected surprise. I can’t wait to try again!

3 Likes

amazing work, would love to take that class!

2 Likes

Keep an eye out for more classes