Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - March 2017

Praise be! Such a needed class! Sooooo many different little bits and pieces. Let me know when you’re teaching.

6 Likes

Will do! 12345678910

1 Like

Etched logo on a rifle scope shade for a friend using the rotary attachment for the Thunderlaser. Thanks @talkers for the help showing me how to use it, it came out great!

16 Likes

@Kriskat30 helped too by making a test piece for us on the wood lathe. Thank you.

3 Likes

ah, what a great finish! They looked great off the laser, but you did so much more to perfect them. wonderful gifts Jordan. You are a good Cousin :slight_smile:

And great photos too… Thanks for documenting you settings the in book.

1 Like

If it’s not a Radial Arm Saw, it’s a chop saw :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much! And no problem at all. It’s a fun adventure figuring out what laser settings you want!

1 Like

I have a real megalodon tooth my wife gave me for my birthday 20+ years ago. If you come to the DMS Thursday night I’ll have it with me if you would like to look at it/compare it to your 3D print.

I’ll be there from 7pm - midnight (perhaps even later).

Mike C

6 Likes

Four hand-forged napkin rings made using a design taught at the DMS Open Forge blacksmithing.

Made the twists on one of them the opposite of the others - may have to fix that at some point.

15 Likes

Or, you could make two more with the opposite twist and make it look intentional!

4 Likes

Plate Carrier and chest rig I am prototyping.

7 Likes

For the ignorami among us ( :wave: ) can you explain a little more (e.g. intented use, materials, processes, DMS tools used, etc.)?

I’m looking forward to seeing the end product.

1 Like

I wonder if he’ll wear it and Hatcher’s test it.

3 Likes

The prototype is being made from 300 denier nylon. The final version will made from:

or

I used the laser cutter to cut the pattern and Fusion 360 to design the pattern.

My intended use is shits, giggles and fun at the range.

3 Likes

Worked on learning a new process for printing photos tonight. Printed the images onto vellum then applied gold leaf. Not to bad so far.

12 Likes

Looks better right side up

16 Likes

That’s lovely. (Times 20)

1 Like

It looks great. I’m intrigued by your comment about applying gold leaf. Are you applying it sort of all-over, or in areas, and how?

The unique one is for the head of the household :wink: