Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - July 2017

Working on a series of hand embroidery classes to complete a sampler. Then maybe a discussion of how to decide which stitches for which effects. Next class Friday August 11, 7pm. Come join us.

Stitches include stem, back, chain (in rows for tree trunk and water, worked sideways detached for some of the foliage), buttonhole, feather, satin, long and short.

10 Likes

Another example

10 Likes

Historical pins and needles repeats Sunday August 20, noon. Come take out your frustrations beating on copper wire.

15 Likes

Logo merchandise bags printed for a friend’s booth at SDCC using either a hand carved eraser block or laser cut wood block. All inking and printing done by hand, one at a time.

13 Likes

Laser cut rocket lamps

22 Likes

You, sir, are a tease.

1 Like

Prototype of a spinning ring. This guy needs a home. Let me know if your finger is it! It ended up being a 13/14

7 Likes

Did some leather work today. Working on my wallet. This is probably the 5th skull & hopefully last, to make for this wallet. I made 4 practice ones first. I used the spoons for the finer details.

The two sets of lines, one will be red, the other blue.

13 Likes

Holder for leather alphabet stamps so it is easier to stamp names on belts and such. I use a 1 ton arbor press the to press the stamp in. I’m pretty happy with it.

15 Likes

These look like the Luck Dragon from The Neverending Story.

2 Likes

So I made this tool stand for all of my Wiha drivers earlier in the month. So far it has been working great. As usual, I have put the files (including Fusion 360) up on Thingiverse

And I made another panel for a I2C 16x2 LCD and a rotary encoder to work with the various breadboards I posted above. Again this is on Thingiverse

15 Likes

So this was months in the making, but it is finally complete.

This is my custom 308 palma rifle. I’m super excited to grow and learn what all this beast can do. My gunsmith test fired it and was able to shoot a 6 shot group In the area of a dime at 200.

15 Likes

A sterling silver necklace featuring an opalized wood cabochon and a “rainbow moonstone” aka colorless labradorite.

This was made using piercing, soldering, and stone setting techniques. The succulent is an organic casting I bought from someone.

I’m rockhoundalchemy on Instagram for blog credit.

16 Likes

Finished my wallet.

22 Likes

Let’s see the inside! Looks good!

1 Like

Just the standard Tandy leather insert, nothing fancy.

13 Likes

After learning to make screens I just need some t-shirts + orange ink and I’m going to be making shirts from this. (From The Expanse)

10 Likes

Canned some blueberry preserves. More coming.

17 Likes

I made this in Jeannie’s @kyrithia wire wrap pendant class. She is so very generous with her knowledge! The cord is courtesy of Amanda @MrsMoose who generously brought a selection of cords from which people could choose.

21 Likes

I finally tooled my knife sheath (Tandy precut sheath) I’ve had for months. Then assembled it, painted & sealed.

21 Likes