Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - July 2017

or plastic…

With the constraint that you keep coolant off, wait to do your job untill all the coolant has drained/dried out of the cabinet, and vacuum all the chips out before you leave. (Unless rules have changed) A bunch of plastic chips (usually much finer, and much more likely to float) are way too likely to find their way to floating in the sump and being a royal bear to clean out.

Also statically charged - and tend to stick to stuff despite best efforts to remove

That is correct. My stuff is mainly an engraving so the stuff doesn;t even come off the vise. vacuums right up.

Bwahahahaha! Llike the sump ever gets cleaned out.

Here is THE most epic Star Wars tribute of all time. It’s the entire saga made up in an Aztec calendar style. this is laser engraved onto leather and is made up of about 4000 vectors. I really wanted to cut this on the mill but ends up so large all the other programs just died whenever you try do a movement or selection. I did manage to get toolpaths created to diamond engrave this, but would have taken over 18 hours. Only took 45 minutes on the laser.

sorry, I can’t share these vectors. it is 10x10"

16 Likes

Quality time in the metal shop - PlamaCam and Powder coat for custom brackets, I can use some factory holes in the bumper to mount the LED bar to instead of drilling new ones.

12 Likes

AWRITE! I watched those get cut on the PlasmaCAM! right after @bpamplin 's last class!
:thumbsup:

Did they get P-coated @ DMS as well?

Yep did that Saturday night at DMS!

1 Like

I have created and am finishing the first of the panels designed to hold non-breadboardable components and attach to any one of the breadboards I have posted above.

Again the stl and fusion 360 design files are posted to Thingiverse

6 Likes

We have powdercoat facilities at DMS?

Sporadically, maybe semi-permanently if the electrician and the Saturday Metal Shop maintenance coincided. Of course, this could have been done in the CA toaster oven, for all I know…

1 Like

I have not been up there since the cleaning this weekend but there is a small oven “Very Small” and the large one is going to be fixed. There is no real station but we do have 2 guns and a makeshift fan system for collecting overspray.

1 Like

But if you want a t-shirt you can go here http://www.nopal.net/

yes, absolutely. he’s got some other good mash-ups that are great.

Had an impromptu paint like Bob Ross night but with a little twist. Happy little trees along with a happy little crashed UFO. :joy::grin:

18 Likes

DIY Wooden Wands class with Chandra!

11 Likes

Magneto helmet in EVA foam

12 Likes

…license…
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Thank you! Glad you like it!

Thank you!

1 Like

My Wife sent me this screen grab from Amazon with the very subtle message “I Want This…”. :slight_smile:

Always seeking design projects that I can also 3D print, I immediately got to work in Fusion360. Currently, it’s designed to the specific width of our cabinet. If I find some time, i’ll see about designing it to be adjustable (physically) or to make it a parametric model that could be adjusted in Fusion360 with easy parameters. I’ve printed two sets of legs that are sized to match the type of spices etc that we have.

Funny thing happened when I had the big reveal… (She didn’t know I was designing it and I set it all up while she was gone). When she opened the cabinet, she said “Wow, that arrived really quickly!” …as in, from Amazon. LOL.

She loves it.

21 Likes

That’s funny @Paul_Morley, we have the same thing. My wife loves it but I don’t. I will likely rebuild some day but it’s low on the priority list.

1 Like