Dallas Makerspace Annual Meeting (including board of directors election) 4/23/17 @ 4:00pm

Sorry Lisa, I would have loved to but I have been busy the entire week. If its needed for the annual meeting I will be there for that.

1 Like

No problem. I personally would love to have more meetings streamed! Weā€™ll need to make sure that members present in the room during any meeting are aware that itā€™s being streamed/recorded and all that jazz. The couple of times that we have streamed meetings before (both were Board of Directors Meetings), we made sure that the camera only had the Board of Directors in view. Iā€™ll send you a PM so we can discuss getting you access to our official YouTube channel, etcā€¦ Thanks! :smiley:

How long after all voting is cut off are the winners announced?

How ever long it takes to count and double check results. My guess is that the results should be tallied by 6pm, but thatā€™s just a guess.

3 Likes

cool. Iā€™ll hopefully be around to congratulate the winners.

2 Likes

I believe you have misspelled the word console.

14 Likes

Just two days left to vote, yā€™all! :ballot_box_with_check:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/dallas-makerspace-leaders-current-chairs-board-members-and-members-running-for-elections/17837/5?u=lisaselk

1 Like

93 (55%) of the 169 electors have voted online!

7 Likes

124 (73.4%) of the 169 electors have voted online!

4 Likes

Just checked the Calendar invite for the meeting and 4PM to 9:30PM makes me :sleepy:

1 Like

Can give me your proxy if you havenā€™t voted :innocent: I know someone to vote for! Really, find someone to be your proxy. Even if it is a candidate, you can bet it will get voted.

Seriously, to all members that are eligible to vote and have missed the deadline for online voting and cannot make it to the Space between 4:00PM and 5:30 today (Sunday), consider using a proxy to vote for you. As I understand it:

1. Send the proxy from the email account that is registered on your user account (this is how they can verify if you are registered to vote and that it is a legitimate vote),
  2. Your name on your account
  3. Who you give the proxy to,
  4. And that it allows them to vote for you in the Annual meeting for 2017.

The proxy holder will print and present to the election staff.

I believe this is sufficient @Lampy @AlexRhodes correct?

But please take the time to vote, you can read candidate statements that are on Talk or on the wiki Statements of Intent 2017. This is YOUR Dallas Makerspace, take the time to see which of the candidates have views that reflect your vision of what youā€™d like. There are only approximately 169 people registered to vote so every vote counts. Everyone running I truly believes cares greatly about our very unique and wonderful place. Make sure your vision is being represented.

Last year only several votes could have changed the make-up of the one or two BoD seats. So your vote DOES count.

MAKE your view count, this is the one Do-acracy only YOU can MAKE happen. I know itā€™s trite: But Be a Maker - MAKE THE VOTE.

5 Likes

Cumulative Turnout: 134 (79.3%) of 169 electors voted in this election so far with 20 minutes to go!

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates @Lampy! :smiley:

Are you literally going to be the only person who knows the results of the online voting at least until the last ā€œin personā€ vote has been cast?

Itā€™s definitely been an interesting election so far! I can hardly wait to see the final results! :smiley:

Lisa,

Good question, Iā€™m only going to see the list of who has voted when the online portion has closed. I will not download the results until all the paper ballots are cast. Then we will compile the complete results. Since we are running a composite election the online publish feature will not be used since it does not include the paper count.

Cumulative Turnout: 135 (79.9%) of 169 electors voted in this election. Amazing turnout people!

EDIT: The 169 electors mentioned above are the people that made the cutoff date to vote online. If you did not complete your vote online you will be able to cast a paper ballot at the meeting.

9 Likes